"A Seniors Day-Trip to Crna Gora (Monte Negro)" Republic of Montenegro by hquittner
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide: 2,488 reviews and 5,984 photos
Our optional daytripfrom Dubrovnik was dampened by yet another intense downpour all the way round Kotor Bay (40 km) frm Hercog Novi to Kotor Town, past Risan and Perast. The rain stopped at Kotor and we walked the city for 2 hrs. It was lunch time, the rain returned and we went to Budva a deserted(!) beach resort. Our return trip was via the Kamenari-Lipatani ferry across the strait of Verige which was a diversion on the fast trip home( and less time sitting in a bus).The Must See things we were permitted to experience were 1)the Bay -fjords themselves 2) Kotor Town and a view of the tiny"islands" of St. george and Gospa od Skrpjela.. Neaar Kotor (Dubrota) we saw mussel farming, an industr that is prominent all along the Dalmatian coast. "Montenegro--been there (but unseen)". The question remains "Was this day trip worth it?"
- Pros:New Vistas
- Cons:Old vistas, no people
- In a nutshell:How diiferent this was depends upon your other tourist experiences. Do not expect much this way.
Kotor is a walled medieval town with similarities to Dubrovnik but not as distinguished in modern physical location or... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crna Gora"
- "Montenegro - A Visit to the Old Country"
- "WILD BEAUTY"
- "Od sveg srca cestitamo nezavisnost!"
- "Magic of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Montenegro
- Hotels in Republic of Montenegro
- Transportation in Republic of Montenegro
- Nightlife in Republic of Montenegro
- Restaurants in Republic of Montenegro
- Shopping in Republic of Montenegro
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Montenegro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Montenegro
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Republic of Montenegro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Montenegro
Photos in Republic of MontenegroSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos