Parco dell'Etna Hotel Tips by hquittner
Parco dell'Etna Hotels: 2 reviews and 2 photos
View of Cyclops Coast and Ionian Sea (a dull day)
Since we have had excellent experiences with Logis de France and its evolved Logis d'Italia members in the past we decided to use this hotel for our NE Sicily base (at that time it was the only Sicilian member of the association).The 54 rm hotel survives on summer vacationers and some skiers. All come by car except for some small bicycle etc groups.The most intimidating thing is getting there although it is direct (the only road). We arrived initially and 3x more with only one "misoriented" turn when we came back via SS114 from AciReale.The road away is easy since it is always downhill to S, Venerena and A18--and you are on the road to Etna when you go there
Unique Qualities: The hotel is 1.5 km beyond Zafferana E. on the road to the Refugio. It is tiered into the slopes that lead onward and upward and is at 750m alt. The rooms are large and well-equipped.There is a play area and tennis, but you will not have time for that. The view out is toward the visible Cyclops Coast.We were there out of season and there were only about 10 guests hence the price, and the great attention. We did not go into town but I understand that from there you can walk into the lower part of the Valle del Bove.The restaurant is quite competent(described alone).There is a large parking lot.It is a fine place to return to after a long day of sightseeing for a relaxing meal.
Address: Zafferana Etnea, via Cassone 86; 95019 CT
Directions: 30 km from Airport via A18 to Giarre exit;thence toward S. Venerena and ZE and Refugio Sapienza (Mt.Etna Rd)(occasional signs to hotel and others)
Other Contact: www.logis.it
Phone: (095) 708 23 48
NOT a McDonald's
We did not stay at the hostel or even go inside, At the time I did not realise that nobody had ever written anything on Etna for VT.The food emporium in the lower level did not seduce us either. I think this is for real but I cannot certify it. It certainly is not fancy. Would you invest in a McDonald's or a Days' Inn on a lava bed? The area is designated a National Park but the Italian definition must be quite different from the American one I am familiar with. (Primitve enterprise without Mafia exploitation).
Unique Qualities: There are none. The views of course are all over the place. This is literally the end of the road.
More Reviews (4)
hquittner's Related Pages
Parco dell'Etna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend at Mount Etna"
- "How Far Do You Want to Go?"
- "Parco Dell'Etna"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parco dell'Etna
- Hotels in Parco dell'Etna
- Transportation in Parco dell'Etna
- Shopping in Parco dell'Etna
- Warnings and Dangers in Parco dell'Etna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Limmathof
- Knights Inn Elizabeth Nj
- Casa de los Azulejos
- Tijcal II Hostal Madrid
- Jenolan Caves House
- Greater Boston YMCA
- Coconut Beach Club
- Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia Airport
- Banon Resorts
- Eva's Backpackers
- Super 8 Motel Oklahoma Airport Fairgrounds West
- Hotel Roma Plaza
- City Lodge
Badges & Stats in Parco dell'Etna
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Parco dell'Etna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parco dell'Etna
Photos in Parco dell'EtnaSee All Photos (7)
Read real reviews about Parco dell'Etna Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos