"A Quiet Seaport" Trani by hquittner

Trani Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 49 photos

A too short stay

We visited littleTrani (50K pop.) as the second stop of a day-trip in Puglia, after a morning of church-hopping in Bari. We visited the Cathedral and had a fine lunch. I was new to VT so I did not take notes of the place other than it was along the port which runs as an arc from the Cathedral along the edge of town. This is one of the disadvantages of group travel. If I were younger we would have planned a night here and explored the other churches and an old synagogue (or maybe used it as a base to explore Puglia). Along the quay of the port there are many old buildings (filled with the working families of the town) that once were low level palazzi. The Cathedral is a must-see in Puglia.

The sun is very strong at places like this and I am not a good photographer, so the pictures are overexposed and the color values are off. We are walking toward the restaurant (if you can find it when you go there). Note the fine old houses as you go.

• Pros:This is a fine off the beaten path place.
  • Cons:With so much to see , how can you fit this in?
  • In a nutshell:I would like to go here again (but probably will not)
  • Last visit to Trani: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2005

• effeti's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2005 at 4:47 PM

Hi! Great page, glad you loved this town, too... and i'm pretty sure you would have loved it much more spending days here as a base for visiting Puglia. The nights are so lively.. So... hope you will come back out of a tour! Francesco

hquittner