"A Quiet Seaport" Trani by hquittner
Trani Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 50 photos
We visited littleTrani (50K pop.) as the second stop of a day-trip in Puglia, after a morning of church-hopping in Bari. We visited the Cathedral and had a fine lunch. I was new to VT so I did not take notes of the place other than it was along the port which runs as an arc from the Cathedral along the edge of town. This is one of the disadvantages of group travel. If I were younger we would have planned a night here and explored the other churches and an old synagogue (or maybe used it as a base to explore Puglia). Along the quay of the port there are many old buildings (filled with the working families of the town) that once were low level palazzi. The Cathedral is a must-see in Puglia.
The sun is very strong at places like this and I am not a good photographer, so the pictures are overexposed and the color values are off. We are walking toward the restaurant (if you can find it when you go there). Note the fine old houses as you go.
- Pros:This is a fine off the beaten path place.
- Cons:With so much to see , how can you fit this in?
- In a nutshell:I would like to go here again (but probably will not)
The harbor is primarily for local industry and fishing is prominent. There are no ferries or tourists. All is pretty and... more travel advice
We did not go in. It was closed for lunch. (Check this possibility before you come). I have only this picture of the... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Trani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trani: a cathedral and much more"
- "A Quiet Seaport"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trani
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Trani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trani
Photos in TraniSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos