"Almost 8C After Its Inquisition" Top 5 Page for this destination Albi by hquittner
Albi Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 341 photos
We arrived by car from Carcassonne, via Castres (we have Tips on both). Our hotel for the two night stay was on the far bank of the Tarn overlooking the river with the stern Cathedral of St.-Cecile rearing up on the hill on the opposite bank surrounded by the old town. We looked at it in detain, but thechoir and ambuatory were not open until the afternoon. So we went to the church of St. Salvi, then returned after a quick lunch to take the tour.
In our rush we did not do justice to the outside aspects of the Jube which do not require admittance to the Choir and can be seen whenever the church is open. Of course it is overshadowed by the giant wall mural on the west wall. The crucifix above the Porch is 18C.
There was still time to take in the works of Lautrec, but be warned that no cameras are allowed inside the exhibit area but the outside views of the gardens and countryside can be taken.
- Pros:An Unique Cathedral and More
- In a nutshell:Years Later We Wish We Were Better with Our Cameras When We Were There
Lautrec was a minor great painter, in part because he did not live very long and had an infirmity. He was primarily a... more travel advice
In the 15-16C , the vast majority of people were illiterate and so signs on shops were illustrative of the trade housed... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Albi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albi, la ville rouge."
- "Enchanting Albi"
- "Red Albi"
- "Almost 8C After Its Inquisition"
- "Albi la Rouge"
- "Albi, en pays Cathare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albi
- Hotels in Albi
- Transportation in Albi
- Restaurants in Albi
- Shopping in Albi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albi
- 20 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Albi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albi
Photos in AlbiSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos