"Stop for the Chateau" Ancy-le-Franc by hquittner
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos
Ancy-le-Franc is a small non-descript French town (pop.1.1K) situated astride the D905 and the Burgundy Canal. Its major attraction lies just south of the town within its large well arranged grounds: the mid-16C Chateau d'Ancy-le-Franc.
Sebastien Serlio who was brought to Fontainebleau to complete its execution was employed here. He was in his 60's and had written about the influence of locality on architecture so he was receptive to the wishes of the Count Clermont-Tonnerre in modifying his designs. The result was the first French Renaissance Chateau that was to influence a great many others.
- Pros:We Visited the Chateau
- Cons:We Did Not Visit Anything Else
- In a nutshell:That Is Enough but There Is More
There are extensive grounds (said to be by Le Notre) including a Folly and an artificial cascade. There is also an... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castle and old plates"
- "Stop for the Chateau"
- "ancy le franc"
- "Ancy le Franc - Boat Stop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ancy-le-Franc
- Hotels in Ancy-le-Franc
- Transportation in Ancy-le-Franc
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ancy-le-Franc
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Ancy-le-Franc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ancy-le-Franc
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos