"The Cathedral Is At the Summit of Auch's Hill" Auch by hquittner
Auch Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 80 photos
At the summit of the hill of Auch stands the Cathedral of Sainte-Mairie started in 1489 and ended in 1683. Earlier there was a Romanesque edifice here and in the 9C an even older one. South of the church at the summit a long stairway was installed in the 19C of 232 steps that leads to the left side of the river Gers. The city has a population of almost 22m and is the administrative center of Gascony.
- Pros:An Old Town Surrounds the Church
- Cons:Easily Seen in Less Than A Day
- In a nutshell:The Church Contains Many Famous Stained Glass Windows
The oldest secular building in the city of Auch is a handsome brick and timber building at the corner of Rue Dessoles... more travel advice
The most spectacular sight in Auch is the staircase that runs between the upper town near the Cathedral and the the... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Auch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auch - Culture, Pride and Rugby"
- "The Cathedral Is At the Summit of Auch's Hill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auch
- Hotels in Auch
- Transportation in Auch
- Restaurants in Auch
- Shopping in Auch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auch
- 10 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Auch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auch
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos