"Still More Gothic Churches" Top 5 Page for this destination Auxerre by hquittner
Auxerre Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 291 photos
Auxerre is a modest French city (pop. 41K) with significant old churches, an old town and a river side siting. It is like many other French cities in this respect, resembling to us larger places like Le Mans or Rouen. It was our last stop on a two week traversal of Burgundy and we spent a whole day there. We were most interested in the ambiance and the churches.
The most important site in Auxerre is the Cathedral of St. Stephen (13-15C) which is a fine example of Flamboyant Gothic style.
- Pros:Interesting Churches and Other Buildings
- Cons:One Day Is Enough
- In a nutshell:Another "Old" French Town
A 12C Romanesque belfry is situated to the West of the other religious buildins at St. Germanus. The space results from... more travel advice
The old town of Auxerre has much that is similar to Rouen: old churches and a cathedral, a 16C Horloge and bell-tower,... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Auxerre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a surprise! So many beautiful old buildings!"
- "THE BEAUTIFUL MEDIEVAL TOWN OF AUXERRE"
- "Still More Gothic Churches"
- "Le Grand Week-End"
- "New start on the Compostella way (4th year)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auxerre
- Hotels in Auxerre
- Transportation in Auxerre
- Restaurants in Auxerre
- Shopping in Auxerre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auxerre
- 13 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Auxerre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auxerre
Photos in AuxerreSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos