"The Chateau of Cheverny Has Many Fine Interiors" Cheverny by hquittner
Cheverny Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 212 photos
The chateau of Cheverny is essentially linear and is three story tall laterally with small rear lateral projections. This makes it look more modest in size than it is. The property has been owned by the Hurault family since before 1400 and the latest building was built over most of the middle half of the 17C. It has been continually beautified. It is known for its 17C interiors
- Pros:It Is Known For Its Well Created Interiors
- Cons:You Must Enjoy Excellent 17C Furnishings
- In a nutshell:These May Be the Best Furnishings on the Loire
This is one of the places where fox-and hound hunting still is carried out; the sport is still done in Virginia as well... more travel advice
The north side of the chateau differs slightly from the south side in that the lateral wings project one bay beyond the... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Cheverny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Château of Cheverny"
- "Château de Cheverny: A Brilliant Original"
- "Château de Cheverny"
- "Chateau de Cheverny"
- "Cheverny Castle"
- "The Chateau of Cheverny Has Many Fine Interiors"
- "A castle ,hunting,and tintin"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cheverny
- 12 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Cheverny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheverny
- Commented on one of von.otter's Cheverny travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Apartment of the King"
- Wrote a Review Foxhound Hunting Is Conducting from Fall to Spring in Cheverny Sports & Outdoors
- created a Cheverny Travel Page "The Chateau of Cheverny Has Many Fine Interiors"
- Posted in Travel France Forum "Re: Driving South of France"
Photos in ChevernySee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos