"A Small Walled Port Town" Concarneau by hquittner
Concarneau Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Concarneau (18K pop) is a seaside citywith a small fortified island projecting into and dividing its harbor. In the non-tourist part it has a thriving fish canning industry. We came (14 km) from Pont-Aven headed north to other sites and stopped for a while of an early Sunday afternoon. We parked on the Quay outside the "Ville Close". We wandered the various alleyways and moderately crowded tourist main street. We did not stay long enough to walk the ramparts (probably the main feat) and the trinkets did not entice (shopping is the main tourist activity). We gues it was the walls that made it worth the deetour. Well, yes.
- Cons:Just looking and shopping
- In a nutshell:Walls
There was easy parking at the quay about 50 yds from the"Ville Close" and no difficulty getting to the waterside from... more travel advice
We did not take the time to walk the ramparts. We have walked the walls of St. Malo and Rothenburg more than once as... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Concarneau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Concarneau revisited"
- "The bay of Concarneau"
- "A Small Walled Port Town"
- "beautiful brittany by the coast"
- "CONCARNEAU HARBOUR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concarneau
- Hotels in Concarneau
- Transportation in Concarneau
- Restaurants in Concarneau
- Shopping in Concarneau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concarneau
- 4 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Concarneau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concarneau
Photos in ConcarneauSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos