"A Wide Variety of Vistas" Aquitaine by hquittner
Aquitaine Travel Guide: 1,845 reviews and 5,882 photos
Aquitaine presents a different face for the tourist in all of its areas from ocean to deep river gorges to mountains to fertile vineyards. All is mixed with antiquity. The towns we have visited are very different from a large city like Bordeaux, to progressively smaller places like Pau or St.-jean-Pied-de-Port or bastides like Beaumont-du-Perigord.
- Pros:Every variety of tourist experience
- Cons:So little time
- In a nutshell:So much to see
As we headed east from Tarbes the peaks of the Pyrenees became taller to the south. We were looking at the Circ de... more travel advice
In the 19C Pau was a resort town for rich English people. This is no longer true but it still remains pleasant. It is... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Aquitaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A place forever in my heart...."
- "South Western France"
- "Pyrénées-Atlantique, the far southwest"
- "A Wide Variety of Vistas"
- "The land of wines and rivers, worth a kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aquitaine
- Hotels in Aquitaine
- Transportation in Aquitaine
- Nightlife in Aquitaine
- Restaurants in Aquitaine
- Shopping in Aquitaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Aquitaine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aquitaine
- 149 Reviews
- 601 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Aquitaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aquitaine
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos