"Starting Our Trips in Athens" Greece by hquittner
Greece Travel Guide: 27,837 reviews and 81,913 photos
Before the year 2000 one immediately walked out into the Syntagma Square, also called Constitution Square and looked for a place to sit and relax at one of the many cafes filled with comfortable lounge chairs. This was always a first activity on coming to Athens. This was accompanied by a drink and a fine sandwich. No longer is this possible. The lower part of the square is severe and plain There are still some park benches but they are rarely. Walkers in this area are headed to or away from the subway or to the traffic filled streets beyond.
- Pros:One Still Starts At Syntagma Square
- Cons:Quickly Leave for Other Sights
- In a nutshell:Syntagma Is The Center of the City
hquittner's Related Pages
Greece Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greece - Ellada 2008"
- "Greece... as lovely as it seems!"
- "My beloved Greece..."
- "Following in the Footsteps of Paul"
- "FALLING IN LOVE WITH GREECE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greece
- Hotels in Greece
- Transportation in Greece
- Nightlife in Greece
- Restaurants in Greece
- Shopping in Greece
- Warnings and Dangers in Greece
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greece
- 44 Reviews
- 135 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greece
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos