"The Highest Point in the Area" Laon by hquittner
Laon Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 77 photos
Laon (pop.28K) is an example of a decent sized fortified (as of the 13C) hill town situated on a long butte overlooking the "plaine picarde" to the north. The famous cathedral occupies the highest point in town and is taller still. It can be seen from afar.
At the other end of town from the Cathedral is the Abbey church of St.-Martin, also built in the 12-13C and... more travel advice
Other than the early Gothic structure, the church interior has only a few elements of interest. There is the elongated... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Laon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highest Point in the Area"
- "Medieval Walled City - Great Architecture"
- "Historic and beautiful"
- "Laon (you say it "len" not Lens or la-ont""
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laon
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Laon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laon
Photos in LaonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos