"A Well Sited City At The Center of France" Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon by hquittner
Lyon Travel Guide: 584 reviews and 1,369 photos
Our first views of Lyon were of the Place des Jacobins only two short streets from our hotel , the Grand Hotel Concorde. We were headed toward the walking bridge over the Saone River and had reached the Dominicans' fountain. Across the river on the hill on the far side sat the Primatiale St. Jean on the west at the beginning of the Old Town. To the North was the Croix-Rousse where the central part of the city widens between the two rivers.
- Pros:From Roman Remains To A Modern City
- Cons:There Are Too Many Things To See in One Visit
- In a nutshell:We Were Lucky to Have Several Days in Lyon
The finest sculpture in the Musee is out in the garden by Rodin (shown in an earlier Tip). There are others by him... more travel advice
There are a goodly number of paintings at the Fine Arts Gallery in Lyon that come from the 16C and earlier, as well as... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Lyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lyon, the city of Vélo'v"
- "Lyon, Uneso World Heritage"
- "A Well Sited City At The Center of France"
- "J'ADORE ♥ LYON"
- "Former Capital of the Gauls"
- "Une promenade à Lyon"
- "Lyon, city of lights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lyon
- Hotels in Lyon
- Transportation in Lyon
- Nightlife in Lyon
- Restaurants in Lyon
- Shopping in Lyon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lyon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lyon
- 34 Reviews
- 145 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Lyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lyon
- Posted in Travel Sestri Levante Forum "Re: we plan to go to Sestri..."
- Wrote a Review Some Interesting Sculptures in the Musee about Museum of Fine Arts in Lyon Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Some Interesting Sculptures in the Musee"
- Commented on one of alza's Lyon travel pages
- updated a Lyon Travel Page "A Well Sited City At The Center of France"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos