"Narbonne Is Almost at the Beaches" Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne by hquittner
Narbonne Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 326 photos
The major sites to visit inside the city are the Cathedral and the Archbishop Palace. The presence of the Robine Canal running through town as a continuation from the Aude makes a pleasant set of promenades.
On crossing the Canal one proceeds away to the north to the Place de Ville where on its southern side an entire block is covered by a full block of a Nouveau style Gallerie Lafayette with excellent architecture. It is across the Place from the Archbishop Palaces.
- Pros:Visit the Giant Uncompleted Old Cathedral
- Cons:Can Be Visited in Less Than A Day
- In a nutshell:You Can Almost Smell the Sea
The Robine Canal runs from the Aude River to provide a passage through the center of Narbonne. Promenades are present... more travel advice
The main facade inside the courtyard is the Grand Escalier and Balustrade. While at the southwest edge are the upper... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Narbonne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Grand City of Narbonne"
- "First Roman colony outside Italy."
- "Narbonne Is Almost at the Beaches"
- "Narbonne, Languedoc's charming baby-city ..."
- "Narbonne in Languedoc"
- "The cathedral is the must see!!"
- "In the town and around Narbonne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narbonne
- Hotels in Narbonne
- Transportation in Narbonne
- Nightlife in Narbonne
- Restaurants in Narbonne
- Shopping in Narbonne
- Warnings and Dangers in Narbonne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narbonne
- 10 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Narbonne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narbonne
Photos in NarbonneSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos