"A Quiet City Now A University Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pau by hquittner
Pau Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 852 photos
From the center of the city there is a Promenade from which there is a grand view of the Pyreness to the south. Near the walk is a grand chateau of the 14C which was converted into a Palace in the Renaissance and then modernized in the middle of the 19C.
In the 19C this was place for rich English sportsmen to enjoy, but recently what attracted us was a visit to enjoy looking at our favorite of all Degas paintings.
- Pros:A Beautiful View of the Pyrenees
- Cons:No Longer A Vacation Destination
- In a nutshell:A Quietly Growing City
There was not much of interest in the Church of St. Martin other than that it large and close by the Chateau. It is, I... more travel advice
The Continental is as central as a central as a hotel can be in Pau. We stayed there for two nights and were graciously... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Pau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pyrénées, Henri IV, the city: all this is Pau!"
- "Capital de Béarn"
- "A Quiet City Now A University Town"
- "Pau ~ as in 'Go'"
- "Lakes on a day hike near the Pic du Midi d’Ossau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pau
- Hotels in Pau
- Transportation in Pau
- Nightlife in Pau
- Restaurants in Pau
- Shopping in Pau
- Warnings and Dangers in Pau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pau
- 14 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Pau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pau
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos