"Its Capital: An Entry to Perigord" Périgueux by hquittner
Périgueux Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos
Our travel plan involved leaving the Dordogne and to head to Paris via Poitiers. We would not have time to visit all of the remaining four cities on our list: Angouleme, Limoges, Perigueux and Brantome. The latter two were on a line with Poitiers and so we planned brief stops at each to see the main church buildings. Perigueux was first. After we parked and were walking toward the Cathedral of St.-Front, we realized that this lively city contained much to see and was worth a leisurely visit (maybe more so than Sarlat)., but one cannot reverse time. The church headed our lists of 12C domed churches of Aquitaine, but it cannot be considered the prototype of the style, nor was it the first one built in the area, but see it we must.
- Pros:Worth a Longer Visit
- Cons:Little Information About It
- In a nutshell:Consider It As A Base
The different sides of the cloisters are from the 12 ,13 and 16C, hence two have Romanesque and two have Gothic arches... more travel advice
The interior of the church is spacious as intended but rather stark. Note the pendentives. The east dome is the choir... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Périgueux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cute little corner"
- "Its Capital: An Entry to Perigord"
- "La capitale du Perigord"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Périgueux
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Périgueux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Périgueux
Photos in PérigueuxSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos
Latest Périgueux hotel reviews
- Chateau Des Reynats - Hotels An
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2012