"The Westernmost Town on Cape Sizun" Plogoff by hquittner
Plogoff Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 32 photos
We did not even really pass through Plogoff (pop about 100) since we were on the D7 a little to the North, but it is the nearest settlement to the Pointes du Raz and Van and the bird sanctuary Reserve Herve-Julien of Cape Sizun which are all must see sites in this part of Brittany. There are a few Tips by others under Pont-Croix and Audierne ,and a couple for Beazac-Cap Sizun, but Plogoff is only 5km from Pointe du Raz and deserves pride of place listing (VT style) for where the Things to Do are supposed to be placed.
We took in the sights on Cape Sizun as a day trip by car from our base near Locronan. Thisis rugged country, ideal for hiking (there are mapped paths), for rock climbing for the very experienced, and for horseback riding as a member has suggested. (If we were young that seems ideal). There seem to be a few small beaches too, but it would take a lot of warm sun to get into the water. The website says that a million people visit each year, but we did not see them. To us this is really off the beaten path. We visited 15 years ago and little has been written about it yet in VT.
- Pros:The Rough Coast
- Cons:Off the Beaten Path
- In a nutshell:See the web site www.pointeduraz.com and listen
The Bird Sanctuary- Reserve Michel-Herve Julien is one of several set up to preserve the habitats of birds on the coasts... more travel advice
The best pictures of the Pointe du Raz 's contours we took from the Pointe du Van some 3 km. to the north. The others... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Plogoff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Horseback riding on the wild cliffs of Brittany"
- "The Westernmost Town on Cape Sizun"
- "Reaching for the Moon"
- "Pointe du Raz / Pointe du Van"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plogoff
- 4 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Plogoff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plogoff
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos