"An Old City With A Collection of 20C Art" Top 5 Page for this destination Troyes by hquittner
Troyes Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 120 photos
Troyes is an old city which held important fairs in medieval times. It was Christianized in the 3C AD and built its present Cathedral between the 15-17C. It still is known for the manufacture of hats. It has numerous churches and since 1976 has offered a fine chance to visit a Modern Art Museum in a remodeled Bishop's palace and outdoor grounds. The collection of paintings by Derain is extensive going far beyond his Fauve period.
- Pros:A City of Old Hotels and Churches
- Cons:Unfortunately We No Longer Wear Hats
- In a nutshell:Here We Visit An Important Modern Art Collection
The Museum of Modern Art is at the south aspect of the Cathedral on the flank of the Place St.-Pierre. It is in the... more travel advice
The Modern Art Museum in Troyes starts with examples of the early types of painting that would pass be called... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Troyes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TROYES OR TROY"
- "An Old City With A Collection of 20C Art"
- "Troyes: Off the Beaten Track"
- "Troyes ,more beautiful then I could imagine"
- "Under construction! Sorry for the inconvenience"
- "La Ruelle des Chats"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troyes
- Hotels in Troyes
- Restaurants in Troyes
- Shopping in Troyes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troyes
- 12 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Troyes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troyes
Photos in TroyesSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos