"Encanto de Alcântara" Alcântara by sanguin
Alcântara Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 99 photos
1,5 hours from São Luis in the State of Maranhão, Alcântara is a wonderful place to spend some time and relax. Plenty of ruins, beautifully set against forest and beaches, ancient wells and lots of wildlife (yes, the biting type as well).
Ever dreamt of that lonely little island? It exists and is just a little off Alcântara. Loiro will take you there for a little fee (about R$30,00).
As it goes with beautiful places, someone's out to get it. In this case, someone came up with the idea that Alcântara makes the perfect place for a satellite observatory base. The Brazilian government already displaced traditional African-Brazilian communities, the Ukranians have a deal and the U.S. Army is closing in. And some little communities and bleedings hearts try to preserve the place....
sanguin's Related Pages
Alcântara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ALCANTARA: MYTHS AND MYSTERIES"
- "Magic Alcantara"
- "Day-trip to Alcântara"
- "Encanto de Alcântara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcântara
- Hotels in Alcântara
- Transportation in Alcântara
- Restaurants in Alcântara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alcântara
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alcântara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcântara
Top 10 Pages
- Belém Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Colombia Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Monterey Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Estado do Acre Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Mostar Intro, 3 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 3 photos
- Iquitos Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Alcântara Intro, 3 photos
- La Hormiga Intro, 3 photos
- Vienna 2 reviews