"where it all began" Belém by sanguin
Belém Travel Guide: 134 reviews and 350 photos
It's hard to believe when you walk the dirty streets of Belém, but it is surrounded by the most beautiful forest and rivers....
The Cidade Velha in Belém is where the city really began. Beginning from the famous Ver-o-Peso (where you shouldn't miss the Tapioca) it stretches out until the Bairro Batista Campos and is lined with beautiful old houses, small streets (with lots of "buracos" - holes in the pavement, so watch your step!) and little restaurants and Açai vendors.
a really nice thing about Belém: the city offers free events at the beautiful Teatro da Paz. You'll have to get there early in the morning to get tickets, but they're free. When I went, they had an orchestra playing Bach and Mozart. Wonderful atmosphere!
- Pros:life, the historic center, icecream, açai, Ver-O-Peso, the Docas, Comércio, Batista Campos, the people
- Cons:if you don't watch your step you may disappear in a hole in the streets
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it!
I never stayed in any hotel in Belém as I live here, but we have put lots of visitors up at the Masilia and I'm sure... more travel advice
Ever had pizza with palm heart and jambú (regional plant of Pará that makes your tongue shiver) - it's... more travel advice
sanguin's Related Pages
Belém Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belem do Para"
- "Belem by rui_bijie"
- "Cacau_99 Page:Orgulho de ser Paraense!"
- "Magnificent Belém"
- "where it all began"
- "Belém - Amazon!"
- "REACHING THE AMAZON DELTA CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belém
- Hotels in Belém
- Transportation in Belém
- Nightlife in Belém
- Restaurants in Belém
- Shopping in Belém
- Warnings and Dangers in Belém
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belém
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Belém?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belém
Top 10 Pages
- Belém Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Colombia Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Monterey Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Estado do Acre Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Mostar Intro, 3 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 3 photos
- Iquitos Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Alcântara Intro, 3 photos
- La Hormiga Intro, 3 photos
- Vienna 2 reviews