"Me and my travels" MissThing606's Profile
I was born in London and I've lived here all London all my life, although I studied in Sunderland for four years and spent a year in Lowestoft, East Anglia.
I've been to a few places, but I?m planning to start travelling a lot!
I am Ghanaian by origin and I spent five years in boarding school there (1989-1994, aged 11-15). I've been on about five family holidays there too at ages 3, 7, 10, 21 and last 25.
I spent a week in Germany, visiting Karlsruhe and then (sp?)Schwatzwald in 1991.
In 1995, I went to Israel in a 10-day biblical tour, it was amazing! We went to Tiberius, then Jerusalem and spent a day in Eilat. Even being a moody 17-year-old didn't spoil it, well not too much!
I didn?t travel much after 17 as was in full-time education, as that does affect one's finances!
At the end of 200, I made a resolution to travel. And I'm happy to say it's starting! I've been on some weekends away, Glasgow and Belgium and I spent 5 days in Rome. I went to NYC in January 2005 and returned to Rome for another 4 days in November.
But I don?t know where to go next...I'm intrigued by North Korea, after reading about it on VT, or perhaps Brazil, or China. I'm going to try and make it Paris by the end of 2006, we'll see!
Since 2005 I've been travelling solo - and it's great. I'd never dreamed of travelling anywhere on my own before then - I'd assumed that sad people with no friends went on holidays alone. The truth is, it's quite liberating.
The first time I went to Rome in September just after my birthday in 2004. I needed to get away so I picked somewhere with lots of sighseeing. I has such a good time I realised there was no big deal to it.
The next time happened by chance: I'd planned a trip to New York with friends in summer 2004 and one by one they pulled out. I was dissappointed but re-scheduled to go in early 2005 with one of the other people. She then pulled out and by this time I thought sod it, I'm going alone!
So now I plan getaways on my own. if I get invited to join groups holidays join in if I can. (like Malaga and Florence) Otherwise I make my own plans. The way I see it, I'd better do it now before I get too old.
To everyone who's scared to go solo, I say take the plunge. you might feel shaky at first but it's soo good!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 37 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Apple Store in central London"
- MissThing606 and dassi are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Free wi-fi access about Where to find Internet Access in Florence Favorites
- Commented on traveloturc's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "So-called leather "outlets" "factories""
- created a London Travel Page "London"
updated their Profile Page "Me and my travels"
Top 5 Pages
- Ghana Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Akosombo 1 review, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos