"Swat - Switzerland of Pakistan" Bad Swat by explore_discover
Bad Swat Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 25 photos
Swat WAS known as the Switzerland of Pakistan. The river Swat is a clear water river starting from the Ushu rage of mountains to the spread of the valley of Swat. It is on of the most green valleys of the Northern Pakistan and is well connected to the rest of Pakistan. There are regular flights from Islamabad to Swat and back. One can also get here either from Peshawar (160 KMs) or Islamabad.(250 KMs) The valley of Swat is located in the middle of foothills of Hindukush mountain range. The main town of the valley is Mingora and Saidu Sharief.
Swat WAS a place for leisure Lover , Hikers , and archeologist. In Kalam upper Swat there are some very pleasant walks since weather is pretty pleasant one can easily walk over the hills for hours and enjoy the unspoiled nature. The Swat is garden of Ashoka and was a prosperous land in the Buddhist times (2nd BC to 5 AD) There are at least over 100 archeological sites in the valley less then 10% of the are excavated. One can explore some of those sites in a half day tour of Swat.
Besham is midway between Rawalpindi and Gilgit . It is cut into the hillside above the Indus. Before building of the bridge for centuries a raft made of inflated cow-skin used to ply its way across the river here, pulling upstream in the lee of rocks and then drifting with the current to the other side.
Swat is 5 and a Half Hours by Road from Rawalpindi. There is a Luxuary Bus Service by SAMMI DAEWOO serving 5 times a day... more travel advice
explore_discover's Related Pages
Bad Swat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swat - Switzerland of Pakistan"
- "BEAUTIFUL SWAT"
- "SWAT during April 2011"
- "VALLEY OF SWAT,HEAVEN ON EARTH"
- "Swat - Under Construction"
- "Journey along Karakoram Highway"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Swat
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bad Swat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Swat
Photos in Bad SwatSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Lamu Island Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos
- Mahajanga Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Ranong Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negombo Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Antananarivo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Toamasina Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos