Karachi Transportation Tips by explore_discover
Karachi Transportation: 40 reviews and 43 photos
The Lala Waiting
Rickshaw is most popular mean of Transport in absence of reliable and quality Public Transportation System in the city. These 3 wheeler VESPA of Italy and assembeled in Pakistan can carry max 3 Passangers and videly used by peoples specially females traveling alone prefer Rickshaw over Taxi's because the Drivers LALA (means the Brother) are Reliable.
Cost, well there used to be Meter but no more, its need to be set and bargain before get in, for short ride like 2 or 3 km its Rs. 30 (US$0.50) and for a distence like 10 km Aprx Rs.70 to 80 (Littel over a Dollar)
Best and safest way to get to the city from the airport is the White Radio Cab. These are brand new airconditioned vehicles, There are many Taxi Companies Operationg at karachi Airport like Metro Cab, White Cab, red Top etc. The rates are same, Rs. 10/- per Taxi (Fixed) Plus Rs.15 per kilometer.
From Anywhere in the city to Airport at fixed Rate of Rs.350/00 (US$6.00)
Call 111 789 786 for White Cab
111 222 787 for Metro or
111 733 867 for Red Top
it will take atleast 30 to 45 minutes till they reach you.
You can also hire them at Rs. 1100.00 plue Fuel (US$10 Max for CNG which is cheaper the Patrol) for Full Day 8 Hours or 100 Kilometer Max.
More Reviews (4)
explore_discover's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamu Island Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos
- Mahajanga Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Toamasina Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ranong Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negombo Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Antananarivo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Frere Hall- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Clifton and Sea View- 15 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Clifton Beach- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Kemari- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Mohatta Palace Museum- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Hawks Bay Beach- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Pakistan Air Force Museum- 3 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Aladdin Park- 7 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Clifton Funland- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Karachi Things to Do