"Bogor-Indonesia's Oldest Known Kingdom" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor by explore_discover
Bogor Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 198 photos
One of Indonesia's oldest known kingdoms, 5th Century Hindu-Javanese state of Tarumanegara was probably based in the vicinity of present Bogor. There are number of stone inscriptions in the area including a particularly striking one that is still in situ a Ciampea, 15 km west of the city.
Bogor's pride and one of the world's great biological treasure troves is the Kebon Raya Botanic Gardens. Kebon Raya was officially established by the Dutch in 1872 under the directorship of D.B.D. reinwardt. He and subsiquent generations of botanists performed the herculean feat of assembling over 15,000 species of tropical plants from around the world. There are over 400 palm species 5,000 trees and an Orchid House with 3,000 varities with in carefully landscaped 87 hecters. Kebon Raya actually has five branches in Java, Sumatra and Bali. The largest of which is the important Cibodas park just to the southeast of Bogor.
Taking train from Jakarta to Bogor is best option and the fastest way to get there. From Kota Station (Old and Torn-Plat... more travel advice
explore_discover's Related Pages
Bogor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Apple pie , the gardens , safari..."
- "Bogor-Indonesia's Oldest Known Kingdom"
- "BOGOR - WEST JAVA"
- "bogor, west java, indonesia"
- "Nice place to visit - Bogor, the rainy city.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogor
- Hotels in Bogor
- Transportation in Bogor
- Nightlife in Bogor
- Restaurants in Bogor
- Shopping in Bogor
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogor
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Bogor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogor
Photos in BogorSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos
- Lamu Island Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos
- Mahajanga Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Ranong Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negombo Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Antananarivo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Toamasina Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Latest Bogor hotel reviews
- Novus Puncak Resort & Spa
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013