"A country full of history and fantastic places" Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan by Cristian_Uluru
Jordan Travel Guide: 4,386 reviews and 11,706 photos
When, before the departure, I told to my friends that I'm going to Jordan, they immediatly thought Petra and Indiana Jones!!
But Jordan isn't only Petra!!! Jordan is a fantastc country with a lot of places full of history to discover. Jordan is also full of holy places like Mount Nebo or Betany beyond Jordan.
But beyond the fantastic Petra and Jerash there is also the Omayyadi Castles, Kerak Castle, the fantastic desert of Wadi Rum, Amman and much more....
I spent a week with a package tour and I think I saw a lot but not at all and this is an excuse to come back again, one day, a to meet again this nice land and fantastic people!!! :D
Jordan is a small Country with an area of 89,287 Square Kilometers and approximately 5 million inhabitants . It is situated in the very heart of the Arab World with only one outlet to the sea at the port of Aqaba, located at the northernmost tip of the Red Sea. The Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan border on Syria, Israel, Iraq and Saudi Arabia and it is a democratic constitutional monarchy with His Majesty King Hussein at the helm.
In the south you can see a desert landscape (Wadi Rum desert). In the north you can find a landscape make with green hills and grass.
Jordan is a very SAFE country!! During my journey I visit place very near to Iraq border (about 80 Km) and I didn't find any trouble. I saw Bethany beyond Jordan that is on the Israel border: there is only the Jordan river (only 2 metres far from Israel) and Israel people to the other side say hallo to us!! Along the Israel border there are some check point but there were no problem, they made check point for our safe. In every place that I visited (near Iraq border or near Israel border), in the village or in big town (Amman) peple are always friendly and they made everythink they could to help my trouble. What happen in that area (Midlle East) in our country became biggest and biggest than it appear in the reality. This is very sad because a lot of people don't visit some country because they see on TV bad images and words.
Jordan is a very safe country. You can visit it without problem!!!!
More information about Petra see my Petra pages
More information about Wadi Rum see my Wadi Rum page
More information about Al Karak see my Al Karak page
More information about Madaba and Mount Nebo see my Madaba and Mount Nebo page
More information about Amman see my Amman page
More information about Jarash see my Jarash page
More information about Ajlun see my Ajlun page.
More information about Qasr al-Kharana see my Qasr al-Kharana page.
More information about Qasr `Amrah see my Qasr `Amrah page
More information about Qasr al-Azraq see my Qasr al-Azraq page.
More information about Aqaba see my Aqaba page.
Enjoy your journey!!!
- Pros:Fantastic people and place!!
- Cons:I don't find Cons!!!
- In a nutshell:A wonderful country
Jordan Aviation is a private charter flight that flow with Airbus A310 and connect Jordan to Europe, Far East and... more travel advice
Royal Jordanian Airways is the state air company of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. It connects Amman to the main... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Jordan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discover Jordan"
- "A country full of history and fantastic places"
- "It was Fun!"
- "Adventures in Jordan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jordan
- Hotels in Jordan
- Transportation in Jordan
- Nightlife in Jordan
- Restaurants in Jordan
- Shopping in Jordan
- Warnings and Dangers in Jordan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jordan
- 258 Reviews
- 451 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Jordan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jordan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues