"A country full of history and fantastic places" Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan by Cristian_Uluru

Jordan Travel Guide: 4,278 reviews and 11,241 photos

When, before the departure, I told to my friends that I'm going to Jordan, they immediatly thought Petra and Indiana Jones!!

But Jordan isn't only Petra!!! Jordan is a fantastc country with a lot of places full of history to discover. Jordan is also full of holy places like Mount Nebo or Betany beyond Jordan.

But beyond the fantastic Petra and Jerash there is also the Omayyadi Castles, Kerak Castle, the fantastic desert of Wadi Rum, Amman and much more....

I spent a week with a package tour and I think I saw a lot but not at all and this is an excuse to come back again, one day, a to meet again this nice land and fantastic people!!! :D

Jordan is a small Country with an area of 89,287 Square Kilometers and approximately 5 million inhabitants . It is situated in the very heart of the Arab World with only one outlet to the sea at the port of Aqaba, located at the northernmost tip of the Red Sea. The Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan border on Syria, Israel, Iraq and Saudi Arabia and it is a democratic constitutional monarchy with His Majesty King Hussein at the helm.

In the south you can see a desert landscape (Wadi Rum desert). In the north you can find a landscape make with green hills and grass.

Jordan is a very SAFE country!! During my journey I visit place very near to Iraq border (about 80 Km) and I didn't find any trouble. I saw Bethany beyond Jordan that is on the Israel border: there is only the Jordan river (only 2 metres far from Israel) and Israel people to the other side say hallo to us!! Along the Israel border there are some check point but there were no problem, they made check point for our safe. In every place that I visited (near Iraq border or near Israel border), in the village or in big town (Amman) peple are always friendly and they made everythink they could to help my trouble. What happen in that area (Midlle East) in our country became biggest and biggest than it appear in the reality. This is very sad because a lot of people don't visit some country because they see on TV bad images and words.
Jordan is a very safe country. You can visit it without problem!!!!

More information about Petra see my Petra pages

More information about Wadi Rum see my Wadi Rum page

More information about Al Karak see my Al Karak page

More information about Madaba and Mount Nebo see my Madaba and Mount Nebo page

More information about Amman see my Amman page

More information about Jarash see my Jarash page

More information about Ajlun see my Ajlun page.

More information about Qasr al-Kharana see my Qasr al-Kharana page.

More information about Qasr `Amrah see my Qasr `Amrah page

More information about Qasr al-Azraq see my Qasr al-Azraq page.

More information about Aqaba see my Aqaba page.

Enjoy your journey!!!

• Pros:Fantastic people and place!!
  • Cons:I don't find Cons!!!
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful country
  • Last visit to Jordan: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2006

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Yes, you are a great expert on Jordan, Cristian! This is a very interesting country, pity I saw a very small part of it... Dream to come back one day...

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Excellent Jordan page... seems full of history with loads and loads to see. Great pictures!! Thanks !!

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Cristian..well said about Jordan. I ts great that you enjoyed your jordan trip. Come again, maybe we can meet there

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Ciao Cristian! Easter was great! Hope you're doing fine. I like your tips, but honestly, i haven't finished reading them...will get back here for more when I've got the time. Ciao!

• xuxaBR's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Wow...you have a lot here, Cristian! Bravo....great pictures! I want to go to Jordan to see those wonders also! Thkx for sharing !!!

• Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 5:37 PM

I stopped by for a quick look and became mesmerized. Exceptional work! Maha~

• Janani's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 3:24 AM

Thanks for creating such useful travel tips on Jordan. These were really helpful to me when I was planning my trip

• Jul 27, 2005 at 6:36 PM

this is what vt is all about! awesome photos, amazing and informative tips, and a page that just makes you want to visit the place! well done cristian, i am so happy to have seen this page! happy travels.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 11:07 AM

Anche la Giordania deve essere un bel Paese: bella pagina!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 3:07 PM

Nice updates to your page, Cristian! I like the historic aspect of Mt. Nebo. Sounds like a great place to see.

Cristian_Uluru

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

Badges & Stats in Jordan