"The fantastic facades of Mittenwald" Top 5 Page for this destination Mittenwald by Cristian_Uluru
Mittenwald Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 287 photos
The town is located in the Valley of the River Isar, on the route that connects Munich and Augsburg with Innsbruck and the Brenner Pass.
Since the 17th century the town became famous for the manufacture of violins, violas and cellos thanks to Matthaus Klotz (1653-1743) and for its paintings houses.
Enjoy your visit!!!
Luftlmalerei is avery diffused style of wall painting in Baviera. It was born in the XVII century as derivation of the... more travel advice
Gasthaus Alpenrose is the most beautiful house along Obermarkt. On the facade you can see a wonderful paintings showing... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Mittenwald Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On Finally Making it to Marvelous Mittenwald"
- "Mittenwald . . . home of violin makers"
- "The fantastic facades of Mittenwald"
- "WALKING THROUGH A PICTURE BOOK OF HOMES!"
- "Bavarian Top Village"
- "The perfect alpine town"
- "Mittenwald Day Trip - Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mittenwald
- Hotels in Mittenwald
- Transportation in Mittenwald
- Restaurants in Mittenwald
- Shopping in Mittenwald
- Warnings and Dangers in Mittenwald
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mittenwald
- 5 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Mittenwald?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mittenwald
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues