Budapest Off The Beaten Path Tips by Cristian_Uluru Top 5 Page for this destination
Budapest Off The Beaten Path: 396 reviews and 713 photos
Jozsef Nador ter
In this square, locate in the heart of Pest, you can see very nice building with Neo-classic and Secessionist facades.
At the end of Erzsebet hid there is a small garden. In the middle of it you can see the statue of Queen Elizabeth (Erzsebet Kiralyne) made by Gyorgy Zala.
Groza Peter rakpart
Along this nice street near the Danube River you can see a wonderful landscape of the Pest side. The buildings along this street are nice. On one of them you can see very nice sculputeres of the four seasons. In the photo you can see a particular of these sculputers.
Statue of Lajos Kutja
Outside the Kapucinusok templona there is this nice statue of Lajos Kutja made in the 1904.
More information about this statue are welcome.
100 metres far from Kalvinista templom, walking toward Clark Adam ter, there is the Kapucinusok temploma. This small nice church has got a baroque facade and it was built in the 1777. The church was restored in the 1856.
About 400 metres far from Batthyany ter there is th Kalvinista templom. This nice church is located in the Szilagyi Dezso ter. This church has got a neo-gothic facade and it has got very nice coloured roof. From this point you can see very well the Parlament and the Chain Bridge.
Erzsebet Korut: building
Along the Erzsebet Korut, the big street just behind Liszt Ferenc ter, there are many nice building. On this street there is the famous New York cafe, but it is now under restoretion so it is impossible to see it.
National Istitute of Dance
In front of the Opera, in Andrassy Ut, there is the National Istitute of Dance. It was built by Lechner in 1883 with a French Renaissance style. In this building the Hungarian dancers are taught their first steps, and are trained right up to their final graduation, with an artist's diploma.
In Petofi ter, a parallel street of Vaci utca, you can see the Petofi templom , a Greek Ortodox Church built in 1791-1794 with a Luis XVi style. It was made by the rich Greek merchants who lived in Pest in that time.
In the middle of the nice street of Vaci Utca, with many shops on its siedes, you can see the fountain of Mercury (Hermesz Kut) made in 1904. It is a good place to catch water from the fountain :)
More Reviews (139)
- See All Wizz Air
- See All Keleti Palyaudvar
- See All Terracotta in Budapest
- Várkert Casino
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Explore the World
- Poverty Bay Hotels
- Serra de Montejunto
- Aglona Hotels
- Etobicoke Hotels
- Cuivre River State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 157 Reviews
- 172 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (98)
Latest Budapest hotel reviews
- Hotel Medosz
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- CEU Residence and Conference Center
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 28, 2012
- Hotel Amadeus
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Carlton Hotel Budapest
- 328 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Golden Park Hotel
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Seni Stadium
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 9, 2012
- City Hotel Matyas
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Tulip Inn Budapest Millennium
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Boat Hotel Fortuna
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- King's Hotel
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel Sissi
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Charles & Apartment Budapest
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hotel Eben
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Ambra Club Hotel Budapest
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Buda Castle - Budavar- 257 Reviews, 525 Photos
- Szechenyi Bath - Szechenyi furdo- 58 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Fisherman Bastion - Halaszbastya- 161 Reviews, 323 Photos
- Market Hall - Grand Market Hall - Nagyvasarcsarnok- 45 Reviews, 100 Photos
- St. Stephen's Basilica - Szent Istvan Bazilika- 129 Reviews, 297 Photos
- Heroes' Square - Hosok tere- 129 Reviews, 278 Photos
- Parliament - Orszaghaz- 160 Reviews, 316 Photos
- Gellert Hill - Gellert Hegy - Citadella- 102 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Margharet Island - Margit-Sziget- 58 Reviews, 125 Photos
- House of Terror Museum - Terror Haza Muzeum- 29 Reviews, 51 Photos
See All Budapest Things to Do