"A fantastic town along the Danube River" Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest by Cristian_Uluru

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,712 reviews and 17,907 photos

What a fantastic town!!!! There are no words to descrive all the marvels of this fantastic town, the capital of the nice Hungary, located on the Danube River.
I spend three full day in this city and I've never seen all the things that it offer.
There are more than 64 museums and all of them are very nice, expecially the Szepmuveszeti Muzeum (Museum of Fine arts) where you can find fantastic paintings of El-Greco, Brughel, Durer and much more.
In Budapest there are many many munuments and every where there is a very nice statue. Along its nice streets there are good building with strange faceda (Neo-classic style) which make Budapest the capital of this kind of art in the beginning of the 19th century.

Magyar people are fanstastic and there are a lot of very good restaurants. In the evening Budapest become a wonderful town full of light!!!!

In Budapest you feel like at home!!!! Enjoy your Journey.

• Pros:It's great!!! Fantstic monuments and friendly people!!!
  • Cons:I don't find cons.
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic
  • Last visit to Budapest: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2006

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Such great pages on a wonderful place. We enjoyed our time there so much!!

• Sep 11, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Hello: I've been to Budapest in 1992 & again last year. I am going again next month. I love this city, in fact, I love the country. Can you suggest a good, moderately priced hotel near most attractions, but not pricey or noisy? Thank you.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Your tips bring back nice memories of my own visit to Budapest many years ago. (Too many years ago!) I've only looked at your first forty tips so far, but will be back some other time for more.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I remember this Gellert Hill -- you really did your research on Budapest..I also like this city a lot....Norman:)

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Impressive Budapest page, I go there next September, great tips, I come back to read some more.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Great tips ! Your evening Budapest Danube River picture looks fantastic ...I need to go there & thanks :D

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Cristian! Im happy you have been to Menza. It is my fave also. (Love those modern Hungarian dishes..) ;-)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2008 at 4:04 AM

Nice new ideas for me on what to see when I visit in May ;-)

• Nov 15, 2007 at 2:12 AM

Wow, niente esami fino a febbraio!anche se immagino lo studio non macherà di certo... io sono sommersa di lavoro, vorrei fare qualcosa a Natale ma divrò aspettare Aprile 2008..

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 2:14 AM

Un giorno io e mia mamma abbiamo mangiato in una pizzeria italiana (anche se parlavano poco italiano), non so se è quella lì. E' stato quando c'era un GP di moto e Rossi è caduto perdendo il mondiale. La pizza era buona.

Cristian_Uluru

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?

Latest Activity in Budapest