Vík Things to Do Tips by Cristian_Uluru
Vík Things to Do: 12 reviews and 12 photos
This cliff is 110 meters tall and it have a shape of arch and it is so big that boat can go inside it!!! So it explain the name of Dyrholaey: Island-hill of the door". On the cliff there is a nice lighthouse.
Directions: From the Skeidflotur farm on the Ring Road there are 6 Km to Dyrtholaey. So you can reach it only by car or by foot.
Reynisdrangur are 3 tall rocks call Skessudrangar, Landdrangar and Langhamrar and birds fly over them! The most high tall rock is 60 meters.
Directions: From Information Center of Vik follow the path and you reach a beach where is possible to see them.
Skogafoss waterfall is near the city of Skoga and with its 60 m. tall it is the most short waterfall of the twelve that you meet in the Fimmvorduhals River. A legend say that a colon call Prasi hide a booty near this fall, but people don't find it yet. Maybe if you can!!!!
Directions: You find it 500 meters west from City of Skoga.
This "small" waterfall are situated inside Seljaland Farm and it is very nice! People can go behind the waterfall but you must pay attention because there is a lot of water that fall down.
Directions: From Vik follow the Ring Road (n°1) to Reykjavik. 100 Km from Vik, just before Jokulsa a Solheimassandur River turn right and you see that fantastic waterfall.
More Reviews (1)
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Vík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the south coast"
- "Sharrie's Vik Waterfalls"
- "Why do we Crusa-Vik ourselves?"
- "Salka's new Vik Page"
- "Black beach and puffins!"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Fort Necessity State Park Hotels
- Kavala Hotels
- Lake Geneva Hotels
- Athens Hotels
Badges & Stats in Vík
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Vík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vík
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (98)
Latest Vík hotel reviews
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013