"The door to the south coast" Vík by Cristian_Uluru

Vík Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 71 photos

Vik I Myrdal

Vik I Myrdal is situated in the most rainy place of Iceland. It have big sandy beaches and high cliff with thousands of birds. On the hill near the city there is the Myrdalsjokull Glacier and under it there is a big vulcano:Katla.

Vik originally was a fishermen village, but the bad position of the port carry people to abbandon it and fishing. In 1887 Vik became a commercial centre and in 1906 was build a cooperative that it exist yet.

In the Vik sorrounding there are a lot of things to see. There are Reynisdrangur tall rocks (Skessudrangar, Landdrangar and Langhmrar) with a lot of birds that fly over them; Skogafoss, glaciar and more ...

• Last visit to Vík: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 1, 2004

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM

The Reynisdrangur looks fascinating! The lone church of Vik perched on the hill is fantastic. So beautiful there, lovely page!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I'm excited to see Iceland soon, Christian! But I don't think I'll see all the waterfalls you have seen..wonderful pictures, Norman :)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Loved the waterfalls & would like to catch a salmon around here!

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 6:57 AM

I liked Vik as well. I enjoyed isolation of the south coast. Great pages !!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2005 at 3:43 AM

I stopped off briefly in Vik when I went to Iceland, and loved it too! Nice page!

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 4:15 AM

i'd go to that hotel just for the salmon, yummy :)

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 8:13 AM

Beautiful waterfall and beaches. Makes me want to visit Iceland one day. Maybe when it is not too cold, I'll go. Thanks for visiting my Brunei page. Cheers, Abu

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 1:31 PM

Gorgeous pictures! It seems like every corner of Iceland has something beautiful to offer!

Cristian_Uluru

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

Badges & Stats in Vík