"The door to the south coast" Vík by Cristian_Uluru
Vík Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 101 photos
Vik I Myrdal is situated in the most rainy place of Iceland. It have big sandy beaches and high cliff with thousands of birds. On the hill near the city there is the Myrdalsjokull Glacier and under it there is a big vulcano:Katla.
Vik originally was a fishermen village, but the bad position of the port carry people to abbandon it and fishing. In 1887 Vik became a commercial centre and in 1906 was build a cooperative that it exist yet.
In the Vik sorrounding there are a lot of things to see. There are Reynisdrangur tall rocks (Skessudrangar, Landdrangar and Langhmrar) with a lot of birds that fly over them; Skogafoss, glaciar and more ...
This cliff is 110 meters tall and it have a shape of arch and it is so big that boat can go inside it!!! So it explain... more travel advice
Hofgabrekka is a very good hotel located abou 5 km far from the town of Vik and it is locateded in a fantastic place.... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Vík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the south coast"
- "Sharrie's Vik Waterfalls"
- "VIK, MOST SOUTHERN TOWN IN ICELAND"
- "Why do we Crusa-Vik ourselves?"
- "Salka's new Vik Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vík
- Hotels in Vík
- Restaurants in Vík
- Warnings and Dangers in Vík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vík
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Vík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vík
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues