Muonio Things to Do Tips by Cristian_Uluru
Muonio Things to Do: 6 reviews and 6 photos
Tradition Village Torassieppi
Torassieppi is over 150 years old village with old buildings from 19th century. This village did not burn during the World War II and it was chosen to nationally valued tradition Village in 1993.
Lapland Manor has stayed in one family from year 1847. Reindeer husbandry has been there over one hundred years as a main occupation. A long time ago people used to take a break in this Lapland manor on their way to Pallastunturi fells. At that time people were moving with reindeer. Nowdays Lapland Manor and whole Torassieppi Traditional Village shows you how people used to live in old time.
Address: Torassiepintie 212, 99300 Muonio
Muonio is just on the Sweden border so you can only to cross the river and you arrive in Sweden!!!
Muonio is very close also to Norway (about 100 Km).
Along the road towards Muonio and in the Torassiepin Lomapallas you can see many reindeers cross the road and to eat grass!!!
In this nice building there is a very nice planetarium where you can see the aurora borealis. Here there is also an information deskm a post office, a restaurant and a souvenir shop.
Address: Muonio centre
Aijakoski is one of the most magnificent and fastest flowing rapid (600 m) in the Muonionjoki River. You may see some paddlers practising their skills in white water or follow rubber boat rafters flowing on the rapid from riverbank.
Directions: Approximatly 5 km south from Muonio centre along Torniontie, sighseeing mark and P-place on the right side of the road.
The church of Muonio was built in 1817 and in 1822 it was taken in use. It is designed by an architech charless Bass. The bell tower was built in 1889. This old wooden church is so called half cruciform church and there are 600 seats. As an altarpiece there is a painting Jesus In The Middle of People, painted by Anton Lindfors. Background of this painting describes fells and rainbow. The oldest altarpiece, which is in the southern wall, describes crucifix and it is paintind by Fredrik Knopplock. On the northern wall there is painting describing Jesus Bless The Children painted by Selim Toyra.
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Muonio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A fantastic town in the Lappi region"
- "Muonio, for us just a stop "en route""
- See All...
Explore the World
- Speyside Hotels
- Goodwill Hotels
- Derby Hotels
- Rella Hotels
- Bagno a Ripoli
- Elephanta Island
Badges & Stats in Muonio
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Muonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muonio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues