Oslo Things to Do Tips by Cristian_Uluru Top 5 Page for this destination
Oslo Things to Do: 1,208 reviews and 2,439 photos
Nobel Peace Center
The Nobel Peace Center is located in an old train station built in 1872, close to the Oslo City Hall and overlooking the harbor. It opened on June 11, 2005.
In the museum you can learn more about the various Peace Prize Laureates and their activities as well as the remarkable history of Alfred Nobel. The Center combines exhibits and films with digital communication and interactive installations, and has already received attention for its modern design and use of state of the art technology.
Phone: +47 48 30 10 00
The wonderful House of the Viking boats was built in the 1926-1932 and inside it there are three original ships. The three Viking ships, from Oseberg, Gokstad and Tune, were all found in burial mounds in the Oslo Fjord Area. they were excavated between 1867 and 1904. They were built during the 9th century AD, and later used as burial ships for wealthy men and women. In the Oseberg ship lay a woman and her slave girl, who had been buried in about 850 AD. Each of the other two ships held a man. They were both buried in 900 AD.
Church of gol
In the Bygdoy Peninsula you can see the nice Norsk Folkmuseum. It is the biggest open air museum of Norway. You can see more than 140 buildings from the 17th and 18th century which was taken from their borning place and rebuilt in the museum. You can see an old granary and houses. Very interesting is the wooden church of Gol built in 1200 and transferd to Bygdoy in 1885.
Olympic Ski Jump
Holmenkollen is the residential area of Oslo. Here you can see the fantastic Olympic Ski Jump. It is 56 metres high and it has got about 100000 seats. From the top of the Ski Jump the athletes start they jump. The record of the jump was made by H. Hunger in 1985: he flow for 110.5 metres.
Near the Olympic Ski Jump there is the Skimusseet (Museum of ski).
When you arrive to the Vigeland Park you cross eight big gates made with beaten iron (1928-1938). After some metres you can see a small lake and near it there are eight bronze statues that rappresent the Circle of Children (1940): eight people around an embryo which rappresent the start of the life. Then you can see the bridge (1926-1933) where there are 58 bronze statues that rappresent the different ages of the life of a person.
The wonderful Frognerpark is famous thanks to the Vigeland Park. Here you can see more than 671 bronze and granite statues made by Gustav Vigeland. His sculputeres rappresent the time of the human life. The model of the men statues is the same Vigeland.
The most famous sculputere that you can see in the Vigeland Park is Sinataggen that you can see in the photo.
In this building built in the 1963 you can see many paintings that Edward Munch left to Oslo when he died. Here you can see 150 paintings, 300 drawings and many sculptures. You can see White and Red, The deaf of Marat, Children on the Bridge, Madonna and much more.
Address: Toyengata 53
This museum has got very important objects from all the country. You can see holy objects: sculputers made with wood and paintings of the 13th century. In the Skattesal, the room of the treasury, you can see fantastic gold and silver jewels. It has got the most important collection of old coins of all Norway.
Address: Frederiksgate 2
Directions: Tullinløkka, behind the National Gallery and 3 minutes walk from the National Theatre.
The National Gallery has got the main collection of Norwegian art of all the country. It has got paintings from the Romantic period to the Second War World. Here you can see many paintings made by Munch and some of his paintings that you can see here are: the fantastic The Scream, Death in the Sick Chamber, Madonna, Mother and Daughter, Puberty, Sister Inge, The Dance of Life and nuch more. There are also paintings made by Van Dyck, Delacroix, Renoir, Cezanne, Picasso, Goya, El-Greco, Manet and Gauguin.
Address: Universitetsgt. 13
Statue of King Karl XIV
In front of the Kongelige Slott there is the statue of King Karl XIV made by Brynjulf Bergslien.
Everyday at 13:30 you can see, in front of the Royal Palace, the ceremony of the guard's change.
Address: Karl Johans gate
More Reviews (19)
- See All SAS
- See All The Eternal Peace Flame
- See All A good Italian Restaurant in Aker Brygge
- A night to the Concert Hall
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "oslo my home (bomb) town"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Oslo: Scratch below for the real soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Los Olivos
- San Joaquin Hotels
- Clones Hotels
- Land Sachsen
- Pulau Tiga Hotels
- Ban Bang Lamphu Hotels
- Jimena de la Frontera
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 69 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Oslo hotel reviews
- City Hotel AS
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Holmenkollen Park Hotel Rica Oslo
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Norlandia Karl Johan Hotell
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Bogstad Camp & Turistsenter
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Gardemoen Bed & Breakfast
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 23, 2013
- Radisson Sas Plaza Hotel Oslo
- 603 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Den Bla Dor
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2012
- Radisson SAS Scandinavia Hotel
- 497 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Youth Hostel Haraldsheim
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania
- 337 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Frognerparken Bed and Breakfast
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 11, 2005
- Sentrum Pensjonat
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Boersparken
- 318 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Ellingsens pensjonat
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Thon Spectrum
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Vigelandsparken- 134 Reviews, 300 Photos
- Vikingship museum (Viking skip museum)- 66 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Kon Tiki Museum- 41 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Karl Johansgate- 33 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Oslo City Hall- 63 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Aker Brygge- 41 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Norwegian Folk museum- 53 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Akershus Fortress- 83 Reviews, 188 Photos
- Holmenkollen- 68 Reviews, 122 Photos
- The Royal Palace- 51 Reviews, 84 Photos
See All Oslo Things to Do