"Beautiful Stavanger" Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger by Cristian_Uluru
Stavanger Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 996 photos
The fantastic town of Stavanger is the fourth biggest town of Norway. In Stavanger you can see old wooden houses, a big old harbour, a fantastic cathedral and some interesting museums.
In the past Stavanger was the capital of the sardines with more than 70 factories in the town (in one of them you can see a very interesting museum about sardines). Today Stavanger is the headquarters of the oil industries thanks the importantant sea oil deposits.
Stavanger will be the European Capital of Culture in 2008.
The town is a great starting point to discover the Ryfylke Region and the Lysefjord, one of the best fjord of all Norway. You can do a great experience to climb the mountain and to see the fjord from the Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) about 604 metres high over the fjord!!!
Enjoy your visit in the fantastic Stavanger!!
The famous, 40 Km long Lysefjord, surrounded by impressive mountains and cliffs carved out during successive Ice Ages,... more travel advice
The path leading up to Preikestolen is not very easy and in a couple of part is very hard. As the height difference... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Stavanger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stavanger-Lovely city"
- "58.58N 5.44E"
- "Beautiful Stavanger"
- "Gard's Stavanger Page"
- "Hiking to Preikestolen"
- "STAVANGER - 4TH LARGEST CITY IN NORWAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stavanger
- Hotels in Stavanger
- Transportation in Stavanger
- Nightlife in Stavanger
- Restaurants in Stavanger
- Shopping in Stavanger
- Warnings and Dangers in Stavanger
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stavanger
- 14 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Stavanger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stavanger
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues