"The beautiful town of Salò" Top 5 Page for this destination Salò by Cristian_Uluru
Salò Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 192 photos
Salò is a perfect place where to spend a weekend off the beaten path on Lago di Garda, quite far from Milan and its way of life. It is very close to Sirmione and you can reach the other side of the lake in only 20 minutes by ferry.
The town was founded in the Roman period as Pagus Salodium. In the 12th century it passed under the dominion of the Republic in Venice giving a notable development to the public architecture (you can see the Lions of Venice anywhere in the town. But the town became famous during the Second War Word when on October 1943 born the Repubblica Sociale Italiana and it was the home of the last government of Mussolini.
Enjoy your visit!!!
Ristorante Sostaga is located inside the Hotel Villa Sostaga. There you can taste the dishes of traditional kitchen of... more travel advice
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II is a wide square with interesting Art Nouveau palaces. In the middle of the square you can... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Salò Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beautiful town of Salò"
- "Salo, last trip of Duce"
- "Salo - a worthy stop"
- "Salò Page"
- "Saturday Night Specials :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salò
- Hotels in Salò
- Transportation in Salò
- Restaurants in Salò
- Shopping in Salò
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salò
- 15 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Salò?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salò
Photos in SalòSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues