"The fantastic fortress of Saladin" `Ajlun by Cristian_Uluru
`Ajlun Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 90 photos
Ajlun Castle is probably the best example of Arab military architecture in Jordan.
This fantastic castle is located 3 kilometres far from the town of Ajlun over a mountain high 1250 metrs and it is only 15 kilometres far from Jerash. I suggest to see it in the same day you visit Jerash.
Today it is under restoration but you can imagine how beautiful and big it would be when it was built.
It is a great experience to discover all the rooms of this castle and at the end of your trip you can relax yourself watching the fantastic landscape from the towers of the castle!!!
Enjoy your journey to Ajlun Castle !!!
Outside the castle you can see a teaman seller. It is very good!!! You must try it!!! more travel advice
In the Ottoman period a contingent of fifty soldiers was set uo in the castle. During the first quarter of the... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
`Ajlun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The fantastic fortress of Saladin"
- "Ajlun Castle - Qal'at Al Rabad"
- "This Far and no Further"
- "Nice place"
- "Pictures of Aljun"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in `Ajlun
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to `Ajlun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Ajlun
Photos in `AjlunSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues