"Madaba and Mount Nebo: a window over the Holy Land" Top 5 Page for this destination Madaba by Cristian_Uluru
Madaba Travel Guide: 167 reviews and 626 photos
After the fantastic trip along King's Highway with its fantastic landscape, finally you arrive to the wonderful town of Madaba and Mount Nebo.
These two places are fantastic. In Madaba you can see a fantastic big Mosaic of the Holy Land: you can recognice Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, the Jordan River, the Nile, Mount Sinai and much more.
Mount Nebo is just few kilometres far from Madaba and it's a holy place. According to the Holy Bible under the altar of the Moses Memorial Church there is the tomb of Moses. On March 2000, during the Jubilee, the Pope John Paul II came here to pray in the Church. Inside it, you can see fantastic mosaics (maybe better that ones of Madaba) and from the terrace near the church, you can see a wonderful panorama on the Holy Land. If the weather is fine you can see very well the Dead Sea, the valley of the Jordan River, Jericho and also (but it's very difficult) Jerusalem.
Madaba and Mount Nebo are two fantastic places and you can't leave Jordan whitout seen them. In these places you are in the heart of Christianity and they offer a very great experience!!!
Enjoy your journey!!!
- In a nutshell:A great place!!
On very clear days the unaided eye can pick out Bethlehem and not far from there the singular cone that was Herod's... more travel advice
Outside the Moses Memorial Church you can notice the big nice cross made by the Italian artist, Giovanni Fantoni. He... more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Madaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madaba and Mount Nebo: a window over the Holy Land"
- "Town of mosaics"
- "An Excellent base to explore Jordan"
- "A Great Alternative to Amman"
- "Madaba, a Friendly Town"
- "Friendly town with wonderful mosaics....."
- "Madaba - مادبا"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madaba
- Hotels in Madaba
- Transportation in Madaba
- Restaurants in Madaba
- Shopping in Madaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Madaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madaba
- 14 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Madaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madaba
- Posted in Travel Tropea Forum "Re: Flying into Rome, visiting..."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Madaba travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Landscape over the Holy Land"
- updated a Madaba Travelogue "Landscape over the Holy Land"
- Wrote a Review A view on the Holy Land about Daytrip - Mount Nebo in Madaba Things to Do
Photos in MadabaSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues