"Fantastic Rouen" Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen by Cristian_Uluru
Rouen Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,185 photos
Rouen was one of the largest and most prosperous cities of medieval Europe. It was one of the capitals of the Anglo-Norman dynasties, which ruled both England and large parts of modern France from the 11th century to the 15th century. It is in Rouen that the English burnt Joan of Arc in 1431. The town was heavily damaged during World War II.
You must spend a full day to discover all the beauty of this town: the wonderful Cathedrale Notre Dame which was the subject of a series of paintings by Claude Monet; the Gros Horloge; the Gothic Church of Saint Maclou; the Church of Saint Ouen and the Place du Vieux Marché with the modern church of Saint Joan of Arc.
Enjoy your visit!!
- In a nutshell:The town with wonderful Medieval churches and houses
Hotel Campanile Rouen Parc Expo is a nice hotel located just 1 Km far from the main attractions of the town of Rouen.... more travel advice
Under the arc of the Gros Horloge it is possible to see the scene of the good shepherd and the Easter lamb. more travel advice
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Rouen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rouen : both a modern and a medieval city."
- "Fantastic Rouen"
- "See the Flamboyant Gothic Churches"
- "ROUEN - CAPITAL OF NORMANDY"
- "My Rouen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rouen
- Hotels in Rouen
- Transportation in Rouen
- Nightlife in Rouen
- Restaurants in Rouen
- Shopping in Rouen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rouen
- 31 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Rouen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rouen
Photos in RouenSee All Photos (119)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 258 reviews, 758 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 114 reviews, 472 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 120 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 157 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 80 reviews, 188 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 42 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 69 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Würzburg Intro, 37 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 38 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petra Intro, 58 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues