"Welcome to my homepage!" Cristian_Uluru's Profile

Hello everybody and welcome to my Home Page.

More of six years have gone from when my dear friend and colleague Mario (Mario_Spring) has made me know the wonderful Virtualtourist. I remember that to the beginning I was not very convinced of the site, then curiosity has taken the upper hand. Some minutes after the sign to the site I was built the first tips on Iceland, country from which I had just come back.

After few times I started to know new friends from over the world that are always ready to distribute good suggestions of trip and, above all, good friends. A special thanks to all of them :)

What to say about me?

Let me think....where I can start from?!?!?

My name is Cristian and I live in town called Tradate. Probably this is the first time you heard its name :)...by the way it is nice and it is located just at the middle between the crowded Milan, the green Varese, the wonderful Lago di Como and the nice Lago Magggiore.

My greatest passion, besides all of things that can fly or to be launched in the space (sorry for the professional deformation :) ), is to travel.
I have always been attracted by the history, by the architecture and by the natural beauties that a country is able to offer. When I am in a place I always try to visit the more possible, even if not always my companions of trip succeed to sustain my rhythms of visit (excuse me). You can understand that I am very meticulous to organize a trip, however I often like to depart knowing only the destination and then I'll seen on the place what to do or to go!

Another great passion is to take photos. Every time I can or when I see somithing beauty I take my camera and made a photo. Without speaking about what happen when I travel...that exalt me and I photographing everything and everybody! (My record is of 7650 photos in 16 days in Bavaria ...I'm quite crazy ;)

I love reading books. My best of are the travel book (my best is Bill Bryson and Colin Thubron), historical books, novels (Jeffery Deaver, Clive Cussler, Poe, Conrad and Tolkien are my best writers) and much more.

I also love to heard good music. My best one is classical music expecially the one made by the Russian composers (Čajkovskij, Musorgskij and Rimskij-Korsakov are my best). But this doesn't mean that I don't like the U2, Pink Floyd, Queen, Paul Weller, Battiato and more. Lately I'm interesting a lot the jazz, R&B and blues (Norah Jones and Paolo Conte are now my best).
During my spare time I am usual to ride the bicycle or to collect anything respects the airplanes.

In my opinion is difficult to compare two places that you have seen in different times and with different maturity. Every place has got something special that you can't find anyhere.

If I had to make a classification (listing the first three places) of the places that have mostly struck me, Australia would surely deserve the place of honor. A marvelous earth and at the same time wild, with marvelous people that make you feel like at home. (My nick is a homage to this country).

To the second place I would put the marvelous Iceland. A place in which the power and the beauty of the nature are melted, giving origin to an apotheosis of sounds, odors and lights impossible to find elsewhere. A trip that would refer!

To the third place I would put the beautiful Jordan and the stupendous Tuscany where in both the history is like it master.

All the other places cannot be forgotten, rather in some the memoirs are particularly alive that seems me to just have been (Budapest, France, Bavaria, Morocco, Scotland, Norway, Finland, UAE...).

My travel experience:

1999
Frankfurt am Maint; Singapore, Sydney; Rarotonga;
Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora; Los Angeles;

2000
London; Hong Kong; Singapore; Western Australia; Brisbane; Whitsunday Islands; Marrakesh; Essaouira; Ouarzazate.

2001
Dubai; Vatican City; Rome

2002
Florence; Singapore; Brisbane; Northern Territory: Darwin; Kakadu National Park; Alice Springs; Ayers Rock; Sydney;

2003
Scotland; London; Paris;

2004
Vienna; Iceland;

2005
Jordan; Kanton Grischun; Saint Moritz; Budapest; Tirano (Italy); Paris Le Bourget; Norway; Muonio; Kiruna; Pajala (Sweden).

2011
Andalusia; Ravenna; Abbey of Pomposa; Salzburg; Hall in Tirol; Wattens; Schloß Herrenchiemsee; London; Massachusetts; Vermont; New Hampshire; Maine; Rhode Island; Connecticut; Quebec; New Brunswick; Omegna; Provence; Yeovil.

2012
Castilla y León; Toledo; Vigna di Valle (IT); Cerveteri (IT); Tarquinia (IT); Florence; S.Gimignano; Volterra; Montreux; Burgundy;

Future travel
???

What's new in my pages?

A special thanks goes to my dear friend Mario_Spring_83 that has allowed me to know VT.
Thank you very much Mario!!!

I love to collect postcards from all over the world. I'd like to get a postcard from each country. If you would like to send me a postcard ask me my address. I will send you one from my country or my travel destinations.

• Intro Updated Jul 27, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Cristian_Uluru

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”

Real Name