San Sebastián Things to Do Tips by Maillekeukeul Top 5 Page for this destination
San Sebastián Things to Do: 135 reviews and 253 photos
Urgull and Santa Clara
Taken in the middle of Mount Igeldo and Mount Urgull, there is some kind of a dot, coming out of the water, that prevents you from enjoying a broad view over the ocean. This dot is Santa Clara Island. I haven't visited it, still, it adds a lot of charm to the whole landscape that San Sebastian offers...
Some stones may fall...
Just behind the Urgull Mount (on its right, when watching the ocean), the Ulia Mount is less easy to climb on. It's a bit more empty of tourist as the paths are slightly harder to walk. Before climbing there, you have to know that you may meet some snakes (I did) and, as it is a famous place for gay people to meet, don't be mesmerized (I did not) if you suddenly see (I did) some men doing their own business...
Urgull seen from the Ulia mount
When watching the ocean from Concha Beach, you'll see a mount on your right : it's this one, called Urgull. At the top of it, after a nice walk all along the "Paseo Nuevo", you reach a statue of Jesus, a former defensive position (plenty of canons) and the nice garden of the "Castillo de la Mota" (Castle of the mount).
Situated in the old part of the city, this church stands for as an old memory of the barroque period that influenced San Sebastian ...
After all, if there is a beach, why not laying on it ? I had decided to enjoy some sun in San Sebastian, and, believe me, that was a hell of a bet, as, in the Basque Country, you may never know what the weather will be like the day after !!! But, I've eventually been lucky...
More Reviews (5)
Maillekeukeul's Related Pages
San Sebastián Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Perla de la Concha"
- "Enter Spain through the Basque Country..."
- "My favorite place to visit in Spain"
- "Arratsalde on. Zer moduz?"
- "The pearl of the Basque Country"
- "Great Food, Wine, Beach, what more do I need?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Sebastián
- Hotels in San Sebastián
- Transportation in San Sebastián
- Nightlife in San Sebastián
- Restaurants in San Sebastián
- Shopping in San Sebastián
- Warnings and Dangers in San Sebastián
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Sebastián
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to San Sebastián?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Sebastián
Photos in San SebastiánSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clichy Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Sebastián Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Nanterre Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Puteaux Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Arras Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos