Paris Off The Beaten Path Tips by Maillekeukeul
Paris Off The Beaten Path: 1,879 reviews and 3,699 photos
The Time Defender VS his foes
Quite an unknown place, even for people who love the district, the Clock neighbourhood is entirely built around a clockwork masterpiece of art called the "Time Defender". On the dot of each hour, the defender fights against one of his foes : a dragon, a rooster and a crab... It has to be seen !!! You'll find the place close to Beaubourg (on its left side, when watching the big square)...
The entrance of the Parc
One of the most fantastic small gardens in Paris is the Parc Monceau. Situated in the rather peaceful and business area of Paris (the XVIIth district), this place is surrounded by one of the most splendid sets of houses with veranda in Paris. Inside the parc, the green grass shares the space with ruins of an ancient roman theater, a small romantic mount and a playground for kids... and it's definitely a place to jog !!!
The Parc Monceau entrance is situated at the exit of the Metro station Monceau (line 2).
The church itself
The gorgeous Russian Orthodox Church St Alexander Nefsky is situated close to the Metro Station Courcelles (line 2)... It's not far away from the Champs Elysees.
Actually, the area is the russian neighbourhood. You may find there many people who came originally from Russia, as well as good restaurants and so... But, you might also visit the Chuch that is pretty awesome...
The square close to the Invalides
That's my piece of advice for today... Everybody knows the "Champs de Mars", a green blanket leading towards the Eiffel Tower, but not everybody knows the smaller squares around the most famous monuments of Paris, where it is refreshing and relaxing to stay, under the shade of the trees... Thus you have to walk all around every monument, 'cause you will always find a piece of grass to lay on and to sight see the architecture that leads you to that point (there's even a piece of grass close to the biggest traffic circle of Paris... just look for it !!!).
Few people know that, close to the "Jardin des Plantes" (a beautiful garden where you can find a geology and biology museum, as well as a zoo, a micro-zoo (to watch the bacteria around !!!) and a huge greenhouse...), the most famous Mosque welcomes every tourist around, ready to visit its inner temple, to have a tea accompanied with some delicious oriental cakes in its gardens or just to contemplate its architecture from outside...
The place is not far from the Metro stations "Censier Daubenton" and "Jussieu".
Place Boieldieu, close to Boulevard des Italiens
Apart from the famous Opera Garnier and Opera Bastille, and not as much easy to find, Paris also has his "Opera Comique", whose front's worth a view...
Every now and then, in the gardens of the Royal Palace (close to the Louvre and the "avenue de l'Opera"), some strange sculptures are on display all along the alleys...
A beautiful place to visit and re-visit... I am quite ashamed as I have never been inside this splendid building... I should remedy to this situation next summer... By the way, it is situated next to the river La Seine.
A working area inside Paris, with factories, chimneys and smoke ? Have a stroll in the 14th district (Subway : Bibliotheque)...
A nice church toping the 19th district, really close to the "square de la butte du chapeau rouge"... At the beginning, I was a bit surprised by its name, as I had never heard of Fatima, but it looks like she is pretty famous among portuguese catholics... Subway : Pre St Gervais or Porte des Lilas
More Reviews (76)
- See All Ist - Summertime...
- See All XVIth - PSG, PSG, PSG !!!
- If I was a tourist...
- See All XVIIth - Enjoy your backyard !!!
- See All XVIIth - Les Batignolles
- See All Ist - An unshopping tip...
- See All XIth - Oberkampf street (rue Oberkampf)
- See All VIIIth - You'll never rob what...
- See All VIIIth - Paris 2012, the dream's gone...
- See All XVth - What does a RER look like ?
- XIXth - Cheap youth hostel
- IIIrd - Don't forget your rights !!!
Maillekeukeul's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kealkill Hotels
- Pulau Dayang Bunting Hotels
- Torri del Benaco
- Albina Hotels
- Fort Ross State Historic Park Hotels
- Vancouver Island Off The Beaten Path
- Ohio Off The Beaten Path
- Osaka Off The Beaten Path
- Kanchanaburi Off The Beaten Path
- Places around Hyderabad
- Barbados Off The Beaten Path
- Kota Kinabalu Off The Beaten Path
- Minnesota Off The Beaten Path
- Iceland Off The Beaten Path
- Darjeeling Off The Beaten Path
- San Luis Obispo Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 110 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Commented on one of ExGuyParis's Paris travel pages
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Fluctuat nec mergitur..."
- Wrote a Review Ist - Summertime... about Parks, Gardens, & Squares in Paris Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "XVIIth - A typical landscape in Paris"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: New appraisal after 1.5..."
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 110 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clichy Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Sebastián Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Nanterre Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Puteaux Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Arras Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Hotel Sevigne
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel Paris
- 661 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Le Quartier Republique Marais
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Quality Hotel Michel Montparnasse
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Paris - Champs Elysees
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Grand Hotel Leveque
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Campanile Paris XVII Boulevard Berthier
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Villa des Princes
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 5, 2013
- Hotel National
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Disney's Hotel Santa Fe - Parks tickets included
- 1424 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel des Chevaliers
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Paname Hotel Bastille
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel Esmerelda
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Best Western Atlantic Hotel Paris
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 578 Reviews, 1022 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 811 Reviews, 1417 Photos
- Louvre- 779 Reviews, 1531 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 639 Reviews, 1292 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 432 Reviews, 741 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 268 Reviews, 537 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 174 Reviews, 287 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 143 Reviews, 348 Photos
- Disneyland Paris- 110 Reviews, 163 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do