"BANGKOK BANGKOK BANGKOK BANGKOK BANGKOK" Bangkok by littlegirl0130
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,206 reviews and 22,508 photos
City of Angels. Land of Smiles.
"Founded more than 200 years ago, Bangkok was a fertile township gently nested along the Chao Phraya River Delta. Stone by stone, the city grew to be a very suitable Capital for the Thai Kingdom."
CLIMATE. The average annual temperature is 35 degrees C with 3 districts seasons- hot from March through May, rainy from June to September, and cool from October to Frbruary.
LOCAL TIME. GMT + 7 (I found out that they are 1 hour delayed from Manila Time)
WHAT TO WEAR. Light-colored and loose cotton clothing is best all around. Proper attire is required for entering temples or places; shorts and slippers are strictly forbidden. (Yikes I wasnt able to note this, thus i had to buy rubber shoes outside the Grand Palace!!!!but all good, was not that expensive)
WATER. Consume only bottled or boiled water.
CURRENCY. 100 satangs in 1 baht (bt=baht) Notes are in denominations of Bt 1,000 (gray), Bt 500(purple), Bt 100 (red), Bt 50 (blue), Bt 20 (green) and Bt 10 (brown). There are 10, 5, 1 Bt coins and 50 and 25 satang.
ON YOUR WAY TO IMMIGRATION AND BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BAGS IN THE RESPECTIVE CAROUSEL , GRAB SOME MAPS WITH INFO ABOUT BKK...LIKE IN HONG KONG, I FOUND BKK MAPS VERY USEFUL DURING MY STAY THERE....
DECEMBER 2004. I think it was a good time to go visit BKK because weather was great. Sale after Christmas in major malls. New Year Celebration Fever was everywhere...
but not to discount the tragedy that happened that also hit their country..tsunami...sad, but my being there i beleive was good because i together with the group i traveled with, somewhat in our own little way helped their tourism (Man, with all the shopping we did and the restaurant hopping!!!hehe)...and we alos participated in the Hotel's little Program to help these victims (fund raising, etc.)...
I ENJOYED MY STAY IN BANGKOK
but as mentioned 4 days not enough!!!!!!! I need a couple more weeks or even a month to completely experience, tour, explore and discover BKK...
I'll surely come back for more!!!!
I've included some tips and pics of places to visit in BKK, hope you enjoy reading and looking at the pages/pictures...CHEERS!
- Pros:Can do a lot of shopping and places to visit. Good for tourists and shoppers.
- Cons:Language Program...Majority couldnt speak and understand English.
- In a nutshell:I SHALL RETURN...
It's also in a good location in terms of being near the shopping market, Baiyoke. For restaurants, they also have, but... more travel advice
just being with fellow VTers...locals and VTers traveling the same time as you... see my VT Dinner in BKK folder in my... more travel advice
Written Jan 9, 2005
More pics on GRAND PALACE
Written Jan 8, 2005
More pics on SAFARI WORLD
littlegirl0130's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anilao Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Cebu Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Subic Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
Latest Bangkok hotel reviews
- Navalai River Resort
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Metropolitan Bangkok
- 623 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- FuramaXclusive Asoke
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- 24 Inn Hotel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Golden Tulip Sovereign Hotel Bangkok
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- BBB Inn
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 6, 2013
- Dream Bangkok
- 641 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- All Seasons Sathorn Bangkok
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Centre Point Saladeng
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 4, 2013
- Novotel Lotus
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Pullman Bangkok King Power
- 1134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Samran Place
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Baan Thai Wellness Retreat
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 29, 2006
- Bangkok Boutique
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Unico Grande Sukhumvit Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion