"First Visit To Seattle" Seattle by Donna_in_India
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,210 reviews and 7,970 photos
I am a city lover and was surprised that it took me so long to get to Seattle. The most disappointing thing about it was that I only had one day there! I would love to have spent more time exploring.
Of the 3 things I was able to do while visiting I would recommend all 3:
The Boeing Tour outside the city was my favorite and even if you only have a minimal interest in aviation I would recommend going.
Take the quick ride to the top of the Seattle landmark, Space Needle, for a good view of downtown Seattle, the surrounding water and islands.
Take a walk around, maybe grab something to eat at Pike Place Market.
For more travel information check out the Seattle visitor's site at www.seattle.gov/html/visitor/.
Some Seattle facts:
The metro area is the 15th largest in the U.S.
Nicknames include The Emerald City & Rain City
Population: 3.3 milliion in the metro area, almost 600,000 in the city
It is the birthplace of Jimi Hendrix and grunge music
Coffee Companies founded in Seattle: Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee
Major corporations with Seattle connections: Boeing and Microsoft
The Space Needle is the most famous symbol of Seattle. It was built for the 1962 World's Fair and was literally finished... more travel advice
Donna_in_India's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 3 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 60 reviews, 165 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 77 reviews, 123 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 37 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aurangabad Intro, 24 reviews, 133 photos, 10 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 20 reviews, 130 photos, 12 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 119 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 136 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 48 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos