"Bon Bini" Aruba by Donna_in_India
Aruba Travel Guide: 871 reviews and 2,205 photos
Aruba lies 15 miles north of Venezuela, within sight of South America. The desert-like countryside is dotted with cacti, dunes, and unusual trees such as the divi-divi. The climate is hot and dry and there is little rainfall. It's turquoise colored sea and beaches attract honeymooners, cruisers, and a variety of other tourists.
The island itself is 20 miles long by 6 miles wide, divided into 6 districts. The eastern part of the island - where the (Baby) Natural Bridge is located - is rocky with rough seas and you won't find many people living on this part of the island.
Catholic is the main religion and each of the 6 districts has a church. The lovely Alto Vista Church was the 1st Catholic church on the island.
Although the official language is Dutch, locals speak Papiamento, derived from several other languages. Spanish, Portuguese, and English are all spoken as well.
Colorful buildings line the waterfront of its capital, Oranjestad, which means "orange city" in Aruba's native Dutch.
There is enough to keep you busy on the island. Rent a car and explore on your own or hire a driver to take you around. Shop, visit the casinos, or participate in various watersports including snorkeling, scuba diving, or windsurfing.
Visit the museums, California Lighthouse, Fort Zoutman & the King Willen III Tower, Alto Vista Chapel, Casibari Rock Formations, & the Donkey Sanctuary.
Cruise ships dock in Oranjestad, Aruba's capital. Disembarkation takes you thorough one of three terminals where you... more travel advice
N/A Aruba is considered one of the Caribbean's safest islands. Although pickpockets/thefts are rare, it's best to keep... more travel advice
Donna_in_India's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 17 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 60 reviews, 164 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 75 reviews, 120 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 37 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aurangabad Intro, 24 reviews, 133 photos, 10 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 20 reviews, 130 photos, 12 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 119 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 136 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kochi Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues