"Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa" Top 5 Page for this destination Goa by Donna_in_India

Goa Travel Guide: 2,068 reviews and 3,942 photos

• Pros:Locals are used to foreigners so little hassle. GREAT food!!
  • Cons:Can't think of any.
  • In a nutshell:Lots to see and do but still a great place to relax!
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2013

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2014 at 4:31 AM

A beautiful place GOA with lots of tourists . Been here once but theres a beach there somewhere that is disgusting littered with human poo and too much flies that I have to cover my drinks and food. Infact the beach was the toilet that I have to walk zigzag to avoid all the human discharges. But there's a nice beach there where first class tourist hang around and it is exclusive. I remember lots of scooters and cows on the street. And I saw beggars and also grannies and very young kids as young as 8 working at the Iron ore mines with their parent and grandparent. I hope it now all changes. But other than that the people are very nice and friendly......

Chinggis K ( of Chinggis_n_Borte)

• Aug 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM

hello there, will there be plenty water sports/tours available late September/early October in South Goa?

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Hi - I just answered your question in the forum. Most tours/watersports don't open until October (usually late October).

• Jun 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Is there any place where my 2 year Kid can enjoy the beach

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:37 AM

One is "Little" Vagator and one is "Big". You will be fine at either.

• Jun 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM

booked a cottage in ozran Alcove resort, heard that beach will be completely covered with water during monsoon, is it so

• udtaparindaa's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2014 at 3:22 AM

woaah you got married there... thats great to know :D

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I met my husband in Mumbai - he is Indian so it just made sense to get married there. All total I lived there over 7 years between Mumbai and Goa. Now I get back once a year or so.

• Jun 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM

That's really good to hear that

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Donna what place do you recommend for a base in Goa? I know north is for amazing sunsets. What beach amazed you more?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Fine Things-to-Do tips about your former home town. Thanks for explaining the details of the Mehndi skin decoration; I had been wondering about that. Some of my family members have recently been to Goa – they also did the elephant-bathing thing and loved it.

• meeson's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

very interesting page, im really looking forward to going there and I will probably check the pages while im over there. will definitely check out all your other pages as well when im going through each place I intend to go to.
    all good !!!!!!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Snowing and 30 here at home. Thanks for the tropical fix!
    Are prices going up all over India or just Goa?

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

First rate, excellent page with fantastic information, tips and photos!! You know Goa so well and explain it all so perfectly that I feel like I was there with you all. Kasha's photo in her little sunglasses is priceless!

• amitkool21's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM

thanx for all the tips brother.....

Donna_in_India Used To Live Here!

Donna_in_India

“I didn't know we were making memories. I just thought we were having fun.”

Badges & Stats in Goa