Hyderabad Restaurant Tips by Donna_in_India Top 5 Page for this destination

Hyderabad Restaurants: 57 reviews and 18 photos

Paradise Restaurant: The BEST Biryani! World famous Hyderabadi Biryani Review

Biryani was brought to Hyderabad by the invading Mughal army of Aurangazeb. Since traditional Indian foods such as roti, rice, curries, and soups would be too time consuming to prepare and eat in times of war, the biryani was developed to get quick food to the troops. The blending of Mughlai and Telengana cuisines resulted in the Hyderabani biryani.

It is made from goat meat (mutton) and basmati rice, although you can get a chicken or veg varitey as well. Other ingredients include yoghurt, onions, saffron, and spices.

Paradise Restaurant is said to have the best biryani. My husband had the mutton and I had the chicken. He reported that his was delicious. And even though I am not a big biryani fan, mine was the best I've had in India. Just the aroma alone was wonderful. The portion size was very large - I think one dish would have been enough for both of us.

The restaurant is on 2 levels and there can be a crowd. It was crowded when we went in and there was a queue by the time we left. There is also a parcel/take-out counter on the gound floor with a huge line.

Hyderabad is famous for its Biryani and for the best you must go to Paradise Restaurant!!

Address: Paradise Circle, M.G. Road

Theme: Local

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 18, 2009

Donna_in_India

“I didn't know we were making memories. I just thought we were having fun.”

Badges & Stats in Hyderabad

Have you been to Hyderabad?

Latest Activity in Hyderabad