"Kunoy" Kunoy by TomFoolery
Kunoy Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 2 photos
Kunoy is a spectacular island to visit if you get the chance. It consists of a single ridge of mountains
Today there are two inhabited village on the island of Kunoy, Haraldssund on the east coast, and Kunoy (potentially confusing, but I like it's simplicity) on the west coast - connected to the other side of the island by a 3km tunnel, opened in 1988. There is one uninhabited village - Skarð on the North East of the island - abandoned early in the twentieth century. A keen hiker could reach Skarð but it would be quite a walk, which sadly I didn't have time for.
The entire area of the island is approximately 35km squared.
Kunoy is home to the Faroe's tallest sea cliff (which surely one of the worlds tallest).
The 3km tunnel to Kunoy village opened in 1988.
The tallest point on the island is the mountain Klubbin, standing at 844m.
Kunoy is well worth a trip from Klaksvik, it's only a 10 or 15 minute drive, but is a world away. Before the tunnel was... more travel advice
TomFoolery's Related Pages
Kunoy Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kunoy
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kunoy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kunoy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Klaksvík Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Streatham Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Tromsø Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Clapham Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Stornoway Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Hyde Park Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos