"A nice little town to visit" Onancock by jelw
Onancock Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 108 photos
My husband, Dan and I quickly bought up a bunch of beautiful land on this Eastern Shore Penninsula.
We became proud owners of 20 acres of swamp land. Dahl swamp ( want to sell me a bridge?) to be specific. Fortunately we also own the dryer 25 acre farm across the street . This is where our horses get to run and play while we slave to bring in their crop of hay. :-)
The town of Onancock is very small, a few blocks of galleries, antiques and eateries. A small traditional town square and a lovely town wharf with great access to the Chesapeake Bay.
On rare occasion the bay feels welcome in the town.
You dear traveler are always welcome to our historic burg!
Delmarva Peninsula is recognized by the United Nations as a “biosphere reserve”. This is one of the last wetland habitats in the world and one of the largest coastal wilderness on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States.
- Pros:Beautiful, Serene, Off the beaten Track
- Cons:I'm a damn yankee what could be wrong?
- In a nutshell:I love it, it's home as well as a good tourist destination!
The very best casual breakfast in the area. Good coffee and a nice selection of breakfast items. A bright and cheery... more travel advice
Mallards has 3 locations. Each one is slightly different. The original MALLARDS is fine dinning in a casual atmosphere... more travel advice
jelw's Related Pages
Onancock Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Onancock
- Hotels in Onancock
- Nightlife in Onancock
- Restaurants in Onancock
- Shopping in Onancock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Onancock
- 26 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Onancock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Onancock
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Cookies for Hansi (Waalewiener)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Janets - best breakfast & fresh roast lunch"
- Wrote a Review Janets - best breakfast & fresh roast lunch in Onancock Restaurants
- updated a Onancock Travel Page "A nice little town to visit"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Onancock travel pages
Photos in OnancockSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Onancock Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos
- Key West Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chincoteague Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Virginia Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos