"Fabulous Little Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Chincoteague by jelw

Chincoteague Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 139 photos

small town and wildlife refuge

Great little Island. Miles of unspoiled Beach on the
Assateague Island National Seashore and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge adjacent.
Go hiking, swimming, kayaking, biking, tour the sites ...just make sure you take the time to walk out relax and enjoy the Egrets, Heron, Deer and
WILD PONIES.

ANNUAL FESTIVALS:
Easter decoy festival
Seafood festival
Firemen's annual pony swim and auction
Oyster festival
Waterfowl open house

To see more of the Eastern Shore visit some of my other pages...

Onancock
Little city by the sea, Wachapreague
Machipongo
Eastville
Cape Charles

• Pros:Small town with no ocean front developement
  • Cons:though the beach is a moment away, pack , there are no beachfront shops.
  • In a nutshell:small southern town on the water
  • Last visit to Chincoteague: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2006

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM

HI, jelw! Thanks for your story here!~ Take care!~

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Pony Cowboys! What a treasure of information you provide us with. Nice photos too. THANKS! (Miss You!)

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 2:52 AM

would have been wonderful to have you join us. Maybe some other time when you head over this way.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM

You really live out there in nature, and the lush green scenery. It looks wonderful and you presented this island very well

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM

When I was little, I read "Misty of Chincoteague" and I begged my parents to take me to pony penning day---they did. I still remember it almost 50 years later as one of my favorite trips!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hi Jelw, your Chincoteague page is interesting. Kayaking, pony center, cowboys, waves and beaches. Sounds fun and good time. Thx for sharing. Bora

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM

"Scamper", "Veritable Bonanza of Beach Baubles. Thongs for the feet or the derrier"! I really love your writing style!! :D

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM

When I was a little girl, "Misty of Chincoteague" was a favorite book. I'm sorry they are no longer wild. I've always thought of them running free out there someplace. Beautiful pages you have here.

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 12:08 PM

I grew up in MD and we went a few times to Chincoteague & Assateague when I was a kid (and of course I grew up on Marguerite Henry books!). You should consider diving too, it's opened up a whole new world for me...Wendy

• Jul 29, 2007 at 1:28 PM

U live in an absolute paradise.

jelw

“Go in Peace, Come back in one piece.”

Badges & Stats in Chincoteague

Have you been to Chincoteague?

Latest Activity in Chincoteague