"Village of artists on the river" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope by jelw

New Hope Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 161 photos

Sleepy knoll

There exists the rich history of our founding fathers here in New Hope. I grew up on the farm pictured, owned by William Penn. New Hope is located just north on the Delaware river from Washington's famous crossing.

New Hope is in Bucks County Pennsylvania. Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful counties in the U.S.

New Hope at one time was a charming village of artists. They flocked to the area during the impressionists movement. There was and still is so much inspiration in the natural beauty.

The historical society offers good information.

• Pros:Bucolic scenery and eclectic community
  • Cons:Building carbon copy developements
  • In a nutshell:Worth a trip
  • Intro Updated Jun 26, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2009 at 5:23 PM

This certainly is an Artist's town, are you an Artist as well?

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM

GORGEOUS pics of Peddlar's Village & the Millat Cuttalossa Farm! Nice page on the town you grew up and how cool is that to have lived on the farm once owned by William Penn???!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 7:20 AM

I had no idea this was your home town. I went to Bucks County Theater many years ago to see Rocky Horror Show. Its really a small world.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Not as interesting a sound as your home town :) But for me to multi task tonight, I'll need a lot of hope! BTW it's a strong "O" not a soft "u" ..... makes it sound less interesting, eh?

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 1:08 AM

hahaha, I know, it's crazy. I might snoop around my own pages and spruce up some tips LOL ;-)

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 6:47 PM

Jill- I blame RobDavis for my attire (well, not completely. I asked him to do it). It was late, I was cheap. Jeff-

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 5:12 PM

Yes, and what about all those great antiques there in New Hope? A few are at my house, now! Fun pages, Jill. Thanx. Marcia

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 5:08 AM

...no palm trees then? Ian

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 8:16 AM

Back for another visit to your great page and a few more votes for good measure. We are hoping to visit New Hope soon. We'll plan a weekend with our son and his wife ... hoping for warm weather and blossoms.

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 9:44 AM

My Questar telescope was built in New Hope. Such a fine instrument they build!

jelw

“Go in Peace, Come back in one piece.”

Badges & Stats in New Hope

Have you been to New Hope?