"AKA Peddlers Village" Lahaska by jelw
Lahaska Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos
This was once a sleepy little village. Surrounded by pristine farmland reaching East to New Hope, North to Solebury, West to Doylestown and South to Buckingham. This area of Pennsylvannia now offers some of the best shopping in the mid-Atlantic.
Lahaska itself is known for Earl Jamisons "Peddlers Village" a tour de force of marketing ingenuity. This destination offers charm, wit entertainment, bucolic vistas, historic views and oh yes...shopping.
The surrounds offer all historic sites associated with Washington & his Crossing of the Delaware as well as one of our founding fathers and states namesake Willliam Penn. Also prevelant in this part of Bucks County are the many artisans that flocked to this beautiful area (pre mass urbanization) and the galleries and museums they show in.
Instead of plowing over the beautiful old village and placing the typical strip mall of the time, he used the beauty and enchantment of what was there and expanded on it. In the midst of the rather high brow shopping center a mini-farm replete with exotic chickens is amazingly appropriate.
jelw's Related Pages
Lahaska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AKA Peddlers Village"
- "Keeweechic's Lahaska"
- "Lahaska ... coming soon ..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lahaska
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Lahaska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lahaska
Top 10 Pages
- Onancock Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos
- Key West Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chincoteague Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Virginia Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Lahaska hotel reviews
- Golden Plough Inn
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013